THE Overkill - 4WD 36KW 20S13P 100+MPH build from scratch

Imgur

3 Likes

4 Likes

giphy

2 Likes

Have you actually seen one of @MoeStooge race boards? Absolutely nothing conventional about them at all. That aside good luck

3 Likes

Max operating temperature is also a function of geometry, not only grade

@FullMetal_Machinist what are the dimensions of the magnets?

But I agree that this will probabaly never overheat, unless you do sustained pulls back to back to top speed

But normal riding, only if you pull a car everywhere you go

It has so much peak power that it never will operate at that peak for more than a few seconds

Please do continue to post updates regardless of well intentioned critiques. This build is ridiculous :+1:

10 Likes

I know the ultimate goal of this build is to see how fast you can go on an eboard, so do you think once it’s done you’ll try and race with it at some of the races that are popping up? Cuz this thing would be crazy fast in an uphill race like Barrett.

1 Like

I kid u not. This build looks sick it is something I could of only dream up now u r making it a reality cant wait to see the finished product

1 Like

Did you take any inspiration from this thread?

Cause that’s what this board is man, a dream

lol the insanity has surpassed me. And yall thought I was crazy with 13s going ~44mph…

This would be better as a luge. 100mph… lol

13 Likes

Can you even stand on a board going 100mph due to wind resistance?

Need to practice standing in a wind tunnel lol

9 Likes

LMAO he might actually need a wing for downforce. :joy::joy:

18 Likes

Where’s buttboarding-boy when you need him??

12 Likes

@Pedrodemio Worst thing that can happen is that magnets overheat and loose some power. It will cost 350$ (442pcs2.06$/piece) and a day of work. By the time this happens N52SH will be available. For now i will trust in vesc built-in thermal protection of the motor (NTC sensor planned) and set it to like 80* for the stator which will keep outer rotor under 60*. When i get too cocky with throttle ESC will cut it down for me. Magnet size is 5mm thick 6mm wide 40mm long. Original motors use 2,4x5x15mm N38SH. @J_Dizzle Initial design was complete long before i found this forum. Started with the stickiest tires i could fit and worked my way up from there to completely use this grip at maximum efficiency and somehow keeping wieght down when possible. @Jacobee I live in Europe, so if there are races nearby i would like to participate. Hauling this bad boy overseas to USA is not an option time- and cost- wise. I looked at https://www.electric-skateboard.builders/t/1-8-mile-up-hill-race/72437 and strongly regretted i could not participate. @barajabali I have no idea how much wind force i will experience on a eboard and if simple leaning forward will be enough. Experience to be earned. For now driven at 120mph on a motorcycle and it was a blast. Also done 93 kph on ilnine skates down the Belwederska street in Warsaw and didnt crash - bet a friend i could go over 70. You should see his face. I think i will slowly increase my speed until something prevents me from doing so, then try to find better solution and ride again. @Sebike I believe he is already working on a custom pair of slide pants for his butt, capable of 100MPH.

8 Likes

And yet he’s still alive. :smiley:

15 Likes

And all limbs in a proper working order !

12 Likes

@FullMetal_Machinist You’re out of your damn mind! Love it. Fucking mental :+1:

3 Likes

If your complete by July please take this beast to the Paris meet! :slight_smile:

Btw are you going to sell anything when your happy with it?

3 Likes

ESC will be for sale once fully tested, in 24S and 20S version. I have ordered some extra PCB. Once i am certain that it works at rated current without blowing i will start another thread with it. It will be superior to that of Alien power with full vesc compatibility and a lot smaller and lighter. Motors are too much hassle to manufacture for sale, it would have to cost exorbitant sum of money to compell me to make it for someone else. Battery and deck everyone makes for himself., nothing new here.

9 Likes

how much is it costing you to develop this vesc? what drv is it using?