THE Overkill - 4WD 36KW 20S13P 100+MPH build from scratch

Ah, my mistake. I get confused with c ratings because we don’t talk about c ratings in any other chemistry than lipo.

And 16 x 565g = 9040g, smaller than the 12kg li-ion pack.

But I do think that with lipos, I wouldn’t take their ratings a face value.

Hm, interesting… I can’t imagine doubling this acceleration though. Crazy stuff. You’ve clearly thought this all through very thoroughly.

Best of luck.

3 Likes

Here you have the calc with filled board parameters: https://calc.3dservisas.eu/?TY7LCsIwEEX_JWuRPJr42KbSVSUg2L12UcHaQJfiv3fujVR3Z07u3Mlb3eKgjur5mF5qI8NZBrfdCc_xImw1MQkaR4xIaF18HX-ZGqGqMEuNYEYJFvPfXk6wFQlLFsQq54mQgbgW3Qe8G008Ce4LXrHPq2P8lo5o91RpgrNEBIPXJQofhPpuhme6b1p8gbrpVsSxQ1CfBQ== See for yourself!.

Also depends on weight I can full throttle my board that has theoretically 12kv of power and I don’t get wheel spin under full throttle with 107s

I’m heavier than the average rider so I have more traction.

There’s also:

1 Like

Awesome project man, you clearly know what you’re doing. I’ll be hanging out for updates on this!

1 Like

I’m super excited to see this board all finished if this thing works and gets to 100 mph it will be the build of the year. I have only gone that fast in a car a handful of times…

@FullMetal_Machinist Will you use an unsymmetrical truck angle setup? I think its the only way to get really good stability at really high speed.

Or even adjustable steering angle for tunning?

Going on a rail is the only way of getting good stability at that speed

2 Likes

Who knows if you can keep it locked down on a rail at that kind of speed, 160kph is out there by itself untested

@FullMetal_Machinist just to get that clear, you try to push your board to 100km/h or 100mph? Because the title says mph but in your comments you speak about km/h.

Maglev esk8

4 Likes

Read carefully. 100 Kph is what i am almost (99%) certain can be done immediately, 100 MPH is the designed limit of drive system - motor, esc and battery. Whether i can actually get to 100 mph depends on speed wobble and how i manage to deal with it. I have no idea how this setup will behave and i wont until i test it. We will all know in a few months, half year tops. There are a lot of components that have yet to be machined and some that have to be designed. I will work throug this gradually, testing everything in the process, maybe redesigning some (especially within traction control section and hydraulic dampers, which are just a product of my mind for now).

2 Likes

if I’m correct you are using go cart slicks for wheels?

yes, you read correctly

Is this still a skateboard?

2 Likes

Does it have a deck with skate trucks mounted …

1 Like

I would rather call this build “death wish” instead of “the overkill” :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:. Good luck!

3 Likes

we need more pictures!

3 Likes

This is madness but i like madness, i hope you obtain your goals, if you do get in the Guiness book of records that would be probably worth more than 9 grand in advertising for your company could be money well spent me thinks…
Good luck and godspeed.

1 Like