THE Overkill - 4WD 36KW 20S13P 100+MPH build from scratch

9 grand…

2 Likes

Might want to scotch tape a couple to his nipples too…

2 Likes

Careful with your n52 magnets, maybe you’d prefer n45h or n45sh to have safe overheating room (even n44h).

Also, what made you choose LG HG2 over Samsung 30Q or even another format (Turnigy Graphene / Samsung 40T)?

That’s an insane build for sure, are you dead confident these trucks and dampers will be enough to take such speed and torque?

3 Likes

I would strongly consider using…and I bite my knuckles saying it, Freebord bindings

WHEN you come off, not breaking your legs is a plus

Have a look at @Nowind’s rubber dampers for the trucks to stabilize things

Consider using a motorbike steering damper like others

6 Likes

Someone cares to explain the purpose of this? I can’t think of any other than achieving meaningless records on a track… This is totally useless… Unless you weight 200 kg+

2 Likes
4 Likes

Would love to see some kind of motherboard thing, where other boards can charge with your battery, like some other did

2 Likes

It’s fairly obvious it’s an engineering excercise, a possible record attempt and because he can from the intro

If it plays out like the first post I could see it winning hill events that aren’t too extremely bendy

6 Likes

Not sure how it makes any difference engineering wise, possible record ttempt doesn’t make sense cause it’s an overkill for physical reality we live in, unusable power, totally… I am not a hater, just saying this has nothing to do with riding electric boards and all to do with, as you say, “I can” Doesn’t make sense what so ever but I can… I agree with that. BTW the world record is around 60 mph… And it is almost impossible to go that fast, only in perfect conditions, on a race track and with lots of luck…

1 Like

This is very clearly a “toy” and not a “tool”. Let the man have some fun! :slight_smile:

24 Likes

That’s pretty much the definition of a motorised record breaker

3 Likes

https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachments/377558872765759491/536516562643976213/sketch-1547985845053.png

It Begins

3 Likes

Epic build !!!… I’m still stocked :dizzy_face: … So I seat here !!

Don’t know what to say except maybe Happy DIY mate :muscle: :crazy_face::call_me_hand:

EDIT ! I haven’t taken time to notice your pseudo :heart_eyes:

1 Like

Some jackets here ^

@Nowind dampers

Steering damper mount

2 Likes

As much as i love the elastomer damper i don’t think they will work with 100km/h +

And I think @FullMetal_Machinist already found a steering solution. He mentioned how some posts ago.

3 Likes

The VESC 4.12 Hardware has a limitation of 60V at the DRV (doesn’t matter if the mosfets can do more). So 13S is more or less the maximum it can handle with the standard schematics.

1 Like

Since he spent half a year on it I’m guessing he switched the DRV. I was going to sudgest the 75/300 VESC but he has higher voltage then that too…

1 Like

I have seen 100v drv chips from Ti.

1 Like

After an hour ride on my carbon gt my back leg hurts from the acceleration. I wonder how this would accelerate and how well the vesc traction control will handle it.

1 Like

The DRV8353 is 100V

6 Likes