THE Overkill - 4WD 36KW 20S13P 100+MPH build from scratch

Or in our case the board suddenly becoming stationary and we keep going

11 Likes

Again fine, until we become stationary too

while this is a late reply and this is really an extremely dangerous battery, it will probably not kill you.

I know from experience unfortunatelly. I designed and built a 96S battery for a motorcycle. I was really careful but the fucking balance wires still managed to jolt me arm to arm at ~330VDCā€¦ like 5 times. It is not pleasant and you get some adrenaline, but you will live. Or I am a mutant of some sort.

edited because its late and i suck and the good people pointed it out

5 Likes

What sort of ESCs exist that can handle voltage and current that high?

Some extremely expensive one that is custom made I suppose. Our company was just subcontracted for the battery with a bms and a case, so I have no clue :slight_smile:

Edit: sorry for slight thread hijack, wont happen more

The arc200 could probably handle it.

That is not correct, a mere 30mA of dc is required to kill a human being. Yes dc is less dangerous than ac but it is still very dangerous. Especially at these high voltages as they ARE able to penetrate the resistance of the skin

Please donā€™t say stuff like thatā€¦ DC CAN kill youā€¦ About 120v and 130mA and you could be deadā€¦ For example: Your heart is controlled using an electric impulse. This impulse could be interrupted or modifiedā€¦ :slight_smile: Just one way to die with DCā€¦

1 Like

I am sorry, I just couldnā€™t let this slip. :laughing:

3 Likes

ok jesus damn sorry for my wording yes milliamps of dc will kill you but it has to go in the right palce, meaning the heart. I dont know how I am still alive then. I will edit my post for the future generations

1 Like

It certainly willā€¦ Your body resistance is not that bigā€¦ :slight_smile: You know there could be someone new to here and read this and be likeā€¦ Alright nothing to worry bc itā€™s dcā€¦ I just donā€™t want anyone get hurtā€¦ :slight_smile:

ā€¦Or hack through timeā€¦

Okay I am out.

:laughing:

1 Like

Random: Why does your profile picture remind me of ā€œDonut Operatorā€ā€¦ :joy:

This is very debatable. DC makes your muscles go into unending cramp, AC penetrates alot more tho but In AC you atleast have a shot to let reflexes loosen the grip of w/e dangeruous you might have grabbed.

1 Like

Really? I read the opposite the other day that ac makes your muscles contract a lot more visciously

I read the ac, since on and off at maybe 120 per second, gives a bit of time to release. Ac will get through a lower resistance too I read.

ironically youā€™re better off with a big zap, such as lightening, which will be so strong as to clench the heart as apposed to lower voltage which will put it in defibrillation. Only 1 in 10 people hit by lightening are killed while 1 in 4 noobie eskate enthusiasts get killed trying to put on an xt-90 plug with a blindfold. Always leave a little peak hole if youre blindfolded

8 Likes

AC kills elephants! At least, thatā€™s what Edison proved trying to scare people away from Tesla and ACā€¦

1 Like

Seems the frequency at 60 on and off per min, which we have in USA, has the most penetrating effect

Yeah I donā€™t want to do the math on the piezoelectric numbers for human flesh. I didnā€™t know you were in the US. Where outta may I ask?

1 Like

Sunny Francisco ca

1 Like