The nicest hub motors! For sale cheaper than anywhere!

No I blew up my batteries earlier that day going over the lvc and just riding around a little. One cell hit .6. Haven’t looked to see if they recovered but I doubt it. I have another couple packs and have to wire it up and put the board back together and my canbus needs to be soldered. Not too much work and I hope to have it back running and do the test today. Should. If you’re around come by.

Just wanted to share my finished Hummie setup! Thanks!

8 Likes

Awesome, thanks for the feedback. I’ll check out that vid.

4 Likes

Where did you get that green urethane?

Haha everyone wants Troy’s wheels. He sells the rubber I pour. He said its some neon powder. I could try colors again if you want. Black is easy.

I’d like kegel purple plz

2 Likes

Waaay back early in this project John was looking for some help getting the wheels made so I told him I’d help out to get him concentrating on the electronics/hardware. So I ended up making a mold to pour some sets for John to test. I ended up making my own set using some nifty neon green pigment (I think it’s actually Green-Screen shaded pigment for movie stuff) mixed with a little white for opacity. They match my other wheels I ran on my single motor board.

6 Likes

From what I hear enertion will be selling hubmotors made by maytech. The design I’m curious to see as I hear they’re identical to what I’m having made. I guess the comparison video footage between Jacob’s and these will show up with another in the mix.

I’ve done purple but the kegel purple doesn’t look the same and would take doing some experimenting. Maybe there’s a machine used for matching paint that could reveal the color combo at the paint store.

Anyone who ordered these within this week or last supplies are almost here and all will be out by the end of the week.

Getting ready to maiden voyage my Hummie-Hubs tonight. Epoxied the motors on yesterday. Stupid off-topic question: How do you go about re-centering the throttle position on the Nunchuck? I had programmed mine for an airplane esc over a year ago and needed to calibrate it all the way down to arm (used a rubber band to hold it down and throttle up as normal). Now I have VESCs and I can’t get it to re-calibrate center and/or endpoints. Tried the hold C button when turning on but not working. Is there a setting in the GUI as well? I think I got it working once but it reset back to arming only at full back-stick. Thanks!

1 Like

I had the nunchuck going. There’s a nunchuck program on the vesc and I guess u do it there. Mine was too dangerous and I should’ve soldered the connections.

Enertion’s hubmotors will be bigger though. Supposedly, according to maytech, the design is “exactly the same” and making it now. But even if it were the exact same design…that’s business and really interested to see what he comes up with. I imagine it will come with fanfare and a beating of both Jacob and myself on video! Haha. If it comes with a single ring closure and all steel construction with 14 groves for the magnets I’ll be hoping for conciliatory whisky

2 Likes

I just plugged my nunchuck dongle into the vesc. It’s designed for it no extra receiver necessary. I don’t know anything about the wiicevier.

I finally got it. PPM setting and some Nunchuck calibration did it. Just did some runs on my street in the dark! ! Can’t believe how smooth and quiet my board is… and fast!

4 Likes

All black looks great!!

1 Like

When are you getting the batch of steel beasts hummie?

1 Like

Wow it’s the latenight crowd! I got the steel and Devin and I just did the website and pics. Looks really nice. He did it all! He lives down the street. It’s 2:15

I like the hidden name in the pic above. The motors are covered in black paint and under it is a layer of chrome and then copper and then The steel. Looks nice beat up

Tomorrow. Tomorrow. Tomorrow I will throw together batteries and solder and the rest and go up the steepest things I can as long as I can and get it on video with the thermometer. Yeah! Obstacles and blah blah but tomorrow it’ll happen. Been just as bad on the orders lately getting parts please excuse me. I have trucks galore now and rubber and a to-do book.

We need better über maybe. Maybe because after the temp test I will show tomorrow it might not be needed and 80 duro stuff maybe be solid. As I said I spent 3 nights ago doing SF hill loops on the .4m. Airgap. Huge difference in temp.

2 Likes

Only steel is real!

Does this mean we can weld them to the trucks? :innocent:

1 Like

I believe the new stuff comes pre-assembled

Only to the axle, we can’t weld the hanger. And we have to remove the chrome layer.