The nicest hub motors! For sale cheaper than anywhere!

or you could compare 1 vs 2 vs 4 hubs to check if its an (over)load issue. from my experience, 1 vs 2 belt drive 63mm motors didnt make a difference in topspeed (for 45kph). but yea, that could be a diameter thing then. never had a 50mm motor - not sure what they do when you push them to 45kph.

I was on one motor again lastnight. Slower. Way slower and hot. I’m out of escs! Hopefully it’s just a canbus issue again.

1 Like

Those graphs look really nice. What are you using for data logging?

Those are from Strava, which is actually a cycling app. I don’t really like the app itself because i can’t see where on my logged route i reached my top speed. So i have to login to their website, where i can check it. So i’m still looking for something better :slight_smile:

1 Like

Anyone care to post screen shots of the motor config for VESC and post them? I’m getting stuttering on my bench when I hit the throttle but not during motor detection, so I’m kind of confused about what I should do. That has never happened to me before . there may already be a thread for this but my search fu kind of sucks right now, I’m home sick and feeling like crap.

I have the same issue sometimes, is mostly at the slow speed start up? If i give it lets say 30% throttle it will go right thru the shuttering stage.

I sometimes get a little stuttering when I’m on the bench too. If I simulate a kick-push by manually spinning the motor first before hitting the throttle then everything spins up smoothly. Are you able to replicate that behavior?

I’m at work now, but I can send a screenshot of my motor config later. The only thing I did besides the default motor detection was to lower my battery max (gasp!) because I’m using an Enertion Space Cell.

I changed the startup boost to what Jacob recommended in his VESC setup video, i only experience stuttering if i start from a standstill. I believe i have some screenshots on my computer and i’ll check when i’m home.

Thanks guys I really appreciate it. I have tried spinning the wheel before hitting the throttle but no dice. I’ll wait and see what’s in those screen caps. I’m sure I’ll have a great big duh moment when I see them.

1 Like

;cool glad you got them . please tell me how you do. i’m on the machine right now redoing my settings

as others say the motors will not ride smoothly and stutter or go to full throttle on the bench. on the road is no problem. i think it’s just a fact related to current control. go foc!

foc is better at slow speeds as well. no stuttering. i can ride at 2mph silently and smoothly

@longhairedboy Forgot about it yesterday, but here are mine:

1 Like

THANK YOU!!!

I’m going to send this link to my son so he can have something to do today while i’m playing cubicle monkey.

Also maybe i can talk him into signing up to the forum. He’s picking this shit up pretty fast.

5 Likes

The protege and/ prodigy rises.

And you don’t belong in a cubical. You deserve to be free roaming in your build cave.

1 Like

You’re suffering from the calculation bug on “max current ramp step” in the advanced tab. Try setting it to 0.004 before applying “write config” and you’re safe. The calculation is 10x higher than it should be, right default value is 0.04.

3 Likes

Thanks! I read somewhere that you where uploading the fixed version of BLDC-tool on your website, do you have a link to it? (i’m on Mac OSX and don’t really understand the compiling thing).

I am abroad currently not able to insert the fix right now. I think Jacob Bloy is also updating it on vesc.net.au. But to be honest, it might take a few days, that task isn’t that easy as it seems. There is a bug free standalone version on github (which I am using when programming the VESCs we are selling). But in the BLDC tool itself still contains the old one in the corresponding directory on github.

To make it short: if you’re programming your VESC with ST-Link under Ubuntu you’d be able to use the new version, if going through (ported) BLDC Tool versions on OSX or Win it might take some more time for a fixed version. Until then, please stick with the above suggestion of entering the values 10x lower (= 0.00400) in that field every time before pressing “write config”.

1 Like

I never did this setting it up. I don’t have it plugged in and don’t want to undo my nice duct tape and bubble wrap job so I can’t confirm what “max current ramp step” I have but I know I never did a change there.

Whitepony I haven’t checked the kv. Is it the max erpm divided by 7 simply on full throttle while on the live sample? I’ll check that and my ramp step later. Maybe elkick checked them. I only ever looked at the resistance and inductance.

How do u record from the vesc so u can later see what youve done in live sampling! That is something I’ve been looking for awhile. With that then we can realllly compare everything