The Monotone |12S2P Samsung 30Q | Dual 6354 | FSESC 6.6 | Skateshred Drop Through Bamboo Deck | Dickyho Off-road Kit

i was worried about your range with the 2p but guess it still fit your needs :slight_smile:

As was I, I would have loved to go for a 12S3P battery, but that meant getting a new battery enclosure and more money for the battery. I also wanted to keep the board lighter if possible since I’m always carrying the board in and out of class. It already weighs in 23 pounds. At least that’s how I justified it in my mind. Maybe if I’m able to raise the funds for another build in the future…

1 Like

Pretty impressive that you saved some money here and there but nothing about your build looks that way.

2 Likes

That’s always been the goal!

Show us bottoms up. What kind of enclosure you use?

Nothing too special going on. just the white carbon vinyl, metal enclosures from Ownboard, and led lights. I’ll get some pics later.

Okay. How far you can reach with those set up? 12s2P and AT 6x2

I’ve been using about 20-30Wh per mile on BLDC, but after changing to FOC a couple days ago, it seems like I’m using around 15-20Wh per mile. Doing the math would give me roughly 12-15 miles in FOC. Further testing will definitely be needed for a more definite answer though.

1 Like

What a beautiful build man. I really love the look and everything you used. What are the specs via range, top speed, weight, and acceleration? Also how do you like the flipsky 6.6 VESC and flipsky 6374 motors? I want to do a build with them too! I am looking to build an AT build and love the idea.

1 Like

Thanks! Here are some specs. Top speed: 30mph Range: 12-15 miles Weight: 23lbs Acceleration: Can’t measure it but it tackles every hill I’ve encountered with ease

The Flipsky 6.6 has been pretty great, it’s been quite forgiving of my initial mistakes in the beginning such as trying to run motor detection while the phase wires were shorting out.

My motors are 6354 not 6374, and they’ve been pretty durable. One of them has a noisy motor bearing, but that’s most likely from riding around in the salted snow over the winter.

Feel free to ask any more questions.

1 Like

How is the at performace with it? I’m looking at the wheels wor my build but I’m a liitle worried about the ride smoothness on gravel roads and such.

Where did you put all those groceries? Lol.

Beautiful build btw. Looks premium.

The wheels have been great. The tread design isn’t meant for hardcore offroading, and neither is the contact patch of the wheel which isn’t too wide. However, it has no issues handling gravel, grass, and dirt. Much better than your standard urethane.

I feel much more confident carving around corners due to the additional grip compared to urethanes, but still wouldn’t recommend it in case you do lose traction. Comfort is also slightly better than urethanes when it comes to small bumps or cracks in the road.

I wear my large laptop bag to the store then play tetris at the register stacking everything neatly in there. Beats having to carry them in one hand.

And thanks for the compliment! I’m happy with how it came out, except the bottom vinyl is peeling already so I’ll be taking it off and spray painting it white instead sometime soon.

2 Likes

Is the power of the 6354 motors enough?

For now yes, unless I update the battery to something that can push more amps.

Kind of random but what size deck exactly did you use and did you cut the ends to make it a “slide through” mounting open set up?

How’s the 6.6 and motors doing??

How one knows where on the truck to place the mounts? It is kind of a silly question, but I was wondering how you know if the trucks aren’t too far to the right or left.

Sorry for the late reply, I don’t check these forums much anymore. The 6.6 I sold to a friend running 12S lipo pushing high currents and they’ve been perfect. My motor sensor pcb got fried after running in snow over the winter but the motors are still ok.

@Tarxan you base it off of how far your motor pulley extends, and align the motor pulley with the wheel pulley.