The Low Rider (fits under a boosted + airline friendly batteries) // Unity + R-Spec Drive Kit // Hummie Deck // 12s4p 30q's // Winfly Hardware Compression Pack // Big Ben Enclosure

Please tell me that the huge amount of bare metal seen in all those pics has been addressed. When you think you have protected yourself. You haven’t. Some small oversight can fell you like a tree

1 Like

Your Hummie build is hella cool and all, BUT PLEASE SHOW US THAT HAYA PNEUMATIC BUILD BEHIND

2 Likes

Check the isolation of those bullet connectors. Use some larger heatshrink to make a isolating „condom“. That way vibrations wont cause a short and sudden braking. I would always recoomend some mr60 or mt60 connector, but well, enertion and their warranty policy

Great build btw :muscle:t2::muscle:t2:

4 Likes

:sunglasses:

2 Likes

Don’t worry, it’s been raining for the past 5(?) days now so I haven’t really been able to actually ride this thing. When it gets sunny I’ll be sure to add the insulation before riding out.

:joy: I was just test fitting a drive train I had lying around. As I suspected, there is wheelbite. When I get these

From @Kug3lis I’ll mount my trampa Drivetrain

on the Haya (I just got it today, @bevilacqua). These risers push the wheels further out, as seen here on my friend @Nate’s build:

That’s the plan!

:pray::pray::pray:

10 Likes

Finally dried up (a bit) so I was able to ride this thing, and as promised

20190205_113202

I’ve insulated the exposed parts of the phase wires. Thanks to everyone and their mother for pointing it out :joy:

Rode this to the office and, well…

Yikes. 33wh/mi which is almost as much as my pneumatic build with 7in tires, 170kv and 1:3 gearing. That means I’ll probably get 15-18 miles out of my 532.8wh 12s4p pack, maybe less if I go uphill.

Here’s the trip back:

The average consumption rose to 38Wh/mi after running 10.6 mi with San Francisco hills. I was actually hitting the soft cutout during the last 1.5mi of my ride. Honestly, though it’s so nice and low (and quiet!) I don’t mind it. I had a lot of fun riding it since it had that much torque and was just a delight to push around. Maybe if I lower the motor amps to 50 I might get more range. That or kickpush more often. Then again, I do have a 6amp charger so it charges quickly.

Will post a video soon.

4 Likes

Why the motor temp is not showing?? Thanks for sharing those result man! :slight_smile:

I wondered about that for a while too, until I realized that I was running unsensored :joy:

Still waiting on these to arrive so I can run sensored:

https:///collections/electrical-connectors/products/vesc-sensor-wires

2 Likes

Okok ! And what is your amp motor setting on those test ? :stuck_out_tongue:

Later when I go home I’m gonna try capping it to 50 amps motor and battery.

1 Like

Damn, that consumption

I really don’t get why these hubs do this. Well, I get it, we see they getting ridiculously hot, I can only guess that the magnetic design is done without much care or by someone that hasn’t got a lot of insight on it, so a lot of the energy is just being wasted as heat in the coils or even the stator is saturating really bad

@neiru37 do you know the phase resistance is? I don’t know if the unity app shows it like VESC tool

Is it here?

1 Like

I think it’s this one

1 Like

Thanks

I think that’s the main culprit, it’s higher than in my small 5055’s motors, taking your average motor current (30A one motor) we have 40 W average heating (not really since we would have to do a square mean since power is proportional to the square of current) and 162W peak heating per motor, that’s just ohmic losses, considering they are isolated by the wheel it only gets worse

It’s important to know that I don’t know if the resistance is single phase or all three phases, could be more losses

Looking forward to see what temps you are getting

@Hummie how low did you manage to get the resistance in your motors?

1 Like

image image image These are I think about 65 kv. Forget exactly.

2 Likes

Damn I would love to integrate this on my board. Where could be find the source code you used, as well as a parts list?

I’m planning on putting up something like a how to in the near future, so stay tuned!

1 Like

Readying for travel

20190209_031657

Maybe I should stick these Boosted SR 99WH stickers onto each one of them?

20190209_032257

13 Likes

Curious where you got those stickers

From my six boosted batteries.

JK.

From a friend who prints them.

3 Likes