The legitimacy of a trademark on an opensource design

I’ve been reading this whole thread throughout the day and I have to say that this is probably one of the most beautiful, positive, and uplifting things I have ever read on this forum. Keep liking them legumes brother!

1 Like

Tubers! But Thanks! They are they best! Lol

2 Likes

Oops, you’re right. Damn. Oh well, mistakes happen. The important thing is to own up and learn from them…:wink:

2 Likes

It’s ok because if it was called a tuber or a legume it would still be a potato. And everyone can grow them because they’re open source from the best originator: earth. She even let’s us crossbreed and make them slightly different and doesn’t complain I grew them instead of a farmer…

Oh the puns…

5 Likes

The metaphors! So far we’ve got shoes, socks, cars, cake, potatoes… Have I missed any?

3 Likes

I’ll go with the spoon…a simple eating utensil… although sometimes I use a piton, does use case count for anything? Can I make a VESC for scooters and not get a Trampa Gram in teh black mail? I mean snail mail? cus like, they only use them on skateboards? or what about bikes? and if we look into a mirror and say VESC VESC VESC enough times does Bill Cosby pop out with some jello holding a letter from Trampa?

2 Likes

So, I think you guys have beat this specific topic to death. But at this point name bashing isn’t getting anywhere, it’s falling on deaf ears.

HW 6x isn’t the future of the vesc.

I think as far as skateboards are concerned it’s close to everything needed but not quite. Maybe this wasted energy could be diverted into what we’re looking for in HW 7 or whatever. Such as higher voltage, built in AS., Built in BT. Increase in continuous amp draw. Which we are close to the current limit of battery technology (liion) anyways if we add more vesc to the board. Water resistant components/enclosure, Better fet cooling from the beginning. All of which have been discussed before. But instead of looking ahead we are just digging holes.

1 Like

DRVless is what you speak of… 95V possible? :slight_smile:

2 Likes

No DRV8302 IC to blow. 100V maximum instead of 63V. Built-in antispark switch but separate 5V output

3 Likes

funny how we both said the same thing basically lol… ^ this guy knows

2 Likes

@trampa why did you change the color of your vesc6 when sending it to @stewii ??? Are you ashamed of the blue color or do you think his design is better??? Answer this one $ for me

@Kug3lis was working on a drvless vesc…dont know what happened with that project.

Honestly we all need to get together and finish @raphaelchang esc :slight_smile:

1 Like

Infinity ESC ftw

1 Like

Don’t have resources to start making it now :wink: Kinda in the middle of finding a new job and etc.

2 Likes

why is this conversation still happening? To sell new brands of VESCs?

Names are trademarked. Logos are trademarked. Slogans are trademarked and brands are trademarked. Sometimes words are trademarked if they relate to a brand or a meaning.

Hardware does not get trademarked. Hardeware gets patented. VESCs are not patented by Trampa or anyone else.

Make all you want, improve it all you want, but call it something else.

Examples of more useful and less annoying questions: how do i wire two lipos in series? can i put two motors on my ESC? Any advice on how to solder these old laptop cells into a pack? If i have one finger in my butthole already, will there be room for more later?

25 Likes

Absolutely. There is always room for more with proper lubrication. My wife and I normally lean towards coconut oil for all the quality health benefits. However, any lube will do.

Pressure+LOC (lube of choice)+ Time= more fingers in butthole.

It is quite simple really.

11 Likes

Sorry friend. The Shocker is tradmarked you’ll need to use a full fist

4 Likes

Thats the right way to go. Let people that really knows the law deal with it and focus on something else.

i’m really starting to think that wasn’t a joke :rofl:

5 Likes