The LANDWHEEL electric hub drive

Yeah well grey. See attached

@mbkahn3 Yeah, thatā€™s just the antenna wire. If you look at the plastic housing that came off, there is a thin sticker PCB on it, see if you can solder it back on.

If you canā€™t, the better thing to do is strip about 31mm of the insulation to expose the wire, then tuck it in under that panel (just remove those 6 screws), make sure the bare wire doesnā€™t touch metal.

Have a read of this that explains 2.4Ghz antenna length

amazing thanks!

I have yet to get an answer from Jason. I emailed him on the 23rd of December. And now after a long while I will be shipping back the v4 with the metalplate of v5 they sent meā€¦

So far I would NEVER recommend Landhweel. Hopefully that will change but i really doubt it.

By the looks of it Iā€™m gonna be riding V1 board with orange wheels but V5 esc. I bet that the panel gonna hit the ground and crack. I really donā€™t like their support at all atm.

@Mikenopolis I finally found time to re-attach the replacement cover. All seems good but worried about riding it again as it is making a buzzing noise

The buzzing sound may be vibration between the battery and the socket (this also happened on the Mellow).

You may wish to try placing a little piece of foam between the removable battery and the frame and see if that works:

https://www.amazon.com/Isolate-Sorbothane-Vibration-Isolation-Circular/dp/B0042U8P9C/ref=lp_3031799011_1_1?srs=3031799011&ie=UTF8&qid=1517414061&sr=8-1

I like Sorbothane because it doesnā€™t move. Drawback is weight so Iā€™d suggest using it sparingly.

Hope this helps!

Thanks! I am so bad at this DIY stuff haha. More importantly do you think the buzzing sound is anything to worry aboutā€¦apart from simply the sound

Reviews of the 2018 Landwheel L3-x

2 Likes

Partly due to concerns over the board and partly due to not being the best skater I only just tried going full speed when the road was pretty empty late at night. Once I was close to full speed it was shaking a lot! Felt like I was not in control and was seconds away from crashing.

Has anyone else experienced this?

What exactly was shaking? or was is speed wobble? the unit or the entire board? I had an experience with the old V3 where it was shaking me so bad my eyes wasnā€™t able to even focus. I think THAT problem for me was uneven wheels, turn your board upside down and push the throttle slowly, does the wheel wobble?

This is perfectly normal (and can be improved upon with training and minor equipment).

For ā€˜acousticā€™ skateboarding you need to position your weight towards the front of the board and foot brake.

RGK in CO demonstrating a ā€œfootbreakā€ lesson to manage out of a death wobble:

For the Landwheel, I swapped out soft parts immediately and then did so again after I discovered @Alphamailā€™s KranK formula. It truly makes a big, big difference in feel (boardfeel begins in the foot and ends in the pivot cup).

Iā€™d ask @Alphamail what he suggests. Maybe Landwheel could offer it as an official upgrade or something - itā€™s night and day over OEM. Hope this helps.

2 Likes

Thanks guys all really helpful! I mean I donā€™t know what it was exactly but i just felt not in control of the whole board.

Could you describe @Alphamail ā€˜KranKā€™ formula a bit more. I had a brief look and couldnā€™t find much about it. Did you replace the Pivot Cups too?

1 Like

This is from our website: KranKā„¢ Formula: Performance Under Pressure Our highest rebound formula to date, KranK is designed specifically to change under pressure and is controlled by the amount of clamp pressure you subject it to when tightening the King Pin nut! The effective range of control is from barely snug for the loosest feel to 2 full turns for the tightest feel. KranK will turn the same or less than the same durometer of other brands which is also a departure from APS and WFB. As for washers, flat washers work great with this compound, but for the greatest control and range of this performance feature, use cupped, precision flat or precision cupped washers.

4 Likes

Boardfeel is very personal. You know it when you feel it, so hereā€™s my take on it:

Weā€™ve all been kids at a store where we spent mamawā€™s quarters at one of those child consumerist training tools toy vending machines that spit out bouncy rubber balls, right.

Remember that kind of heavier one you barely bounced - and it could hit the ceiling? Thatā€™s kind of how KranK feels.

To be specific, KranK gives me the confidence that I can lean way deeper on shorter wheelbase boards, like my BuddyBuddy Cruiser and Penny 27". I think this is because KranK snaps back to attention faster than anything not-a-Hamboards-HST-with-pro-silver-springs.

Springs on a rigid deck feel like Iā€™m surfing the garage door, however - I think springs need a next-gen deck like Trampa. Thatā€™s the genius of @Frankā€™s design and why I only skate Trampa at speed downtown on a @Kaly thatā€™ll outshoot me.

Where I think Riptide KranK 87a really, truly shines is on both 22" and 27" Penny cruisers. Straight up makes them pump faster, making the 22" especially easier to ride and way more forgiving.

1 Like

@Alphamail @perron Thanks for the explanation. Is there a UK/ EU distributer for these?

haha thanks, bro. Iā€™m just a Regular Guyā„¢ thatā€™s happy to share what works.

Hope this helps!

Try Gravity House at: http://www.gravityhouse.co.uk/

1 Like

i still have the older V4 , Just wondered if the Landwheel remote would work with a WowGo/Meepo/Diyeboard esc?

No idea. The receiver can be removed and probably wired up to other boards. But when bins the remote we had to use the power button from the LW so not sure if that is needed