The LANDWHEEL electric hub drive

All got it. Sorry. Didn’t do a heat check. I rode until empty and probably added 1 mile to a second battery before I got home to get the other board to ride back to my car

Hi guys,

Does anybody know if the v4 battery will work on the new l3x?

Confirm it does. But I only used it for about a mile. Supposedly it will not last long on the new circuit board of the L3-X

Can the hub motor PU wheels be replaced or removed?

Yes and yes.

Could you try range with older battery aswell? :slight_smile:

Thanks :). In relation to the board. Its working fine?. Did you have any problems?

@Thelol182 I will start with a old battery next time and see how long that goes before putting in the new one.

As far as the rest of the drive goes. No issues. Just remember that it is NOT waterproof or resistant no matter what they say. I can see where all the dust enters the battery are so water will likely to the same. Problem is not their circuit board as it’s sealed better. But the battery terminal will get water eventually. So just stay away from water if you value you investment

1 Like

I heard from the sales staff of LANDWHEEL that V3 and V4 batteries can also be used with L3-X. However, the cruise distance seems to be shorter than the L3-X’s battery.

So I received this today when I were supposed to receive a complete new panel and 2 new batteries…

Last panel didn’t work cus the engine was malfunction. How am I suppose to fit the rubber cover on this? Won’t it brake when I remove from the other?

FYI, I don’t know anything about building that’s why i buy a complete board. :disappointed_relieved:

Can confirm that this board does not like water. I was impatient and rode on wet pavement. I was very lucky that my board id not short circuit. While the motors themselves are pretty much completely sealed, the battery/esc compartment has no waterproofing whatsoever. I have taken the whole thing apart (not all the way into the motors, i’ll wait a bit before doing that) and sealed the compartment with silicone in hopes that at least if I happen to go over a wet spot/puddle my board won’t short out. It seems to work pretty well because I’ve noticed that considerably less dust makes its way around the battery when I take it out. If there is interest, I can post some photos of the bare hub motors and what the ESC looks like.

In other news- I was pretty blown away this week when I took this thing up a hill I was certain it could not climb. Although it slowed down quite a bit, this hill is pretty long and gets extra steep right at the top and I was able to to take the board all the way up. twice. breaking going down the same hill worked well too. I took it up a much longer hill that is not as steep, and it made it up that one too. The key to making it up hills with this drive system is different than with my “Jank Tank” single motor belt driven system where I can just floor it at full throttle. Using the Landwheel, it is important to keep it about 3/4 of the way on the throttle, and to not go full throttle- If you do, the battery gets strained too much and the board auto shuts off as it senses the voltage drop and thinks the battery is dead. When the board shuts off the brake is engaged, so you just slow down. Nothing scary like no brakes or braking too hard. Overall, I’m still stoked on this this drive system. I’ve been using it to get from the train station to work every day for the past week, but it snowed today which means riding it more will have to be delayed until the roads are cleared and dry. I am expected to get two more batteries on the 26th, so I should be able to get some more serious distance out of my board.

one last thing- it does seem like the range is getting better after a few charge cycles- I’m getting closer to 5 miles (always on fast mode, usually going about 15-20 mph)

1 Like

I assume all electronic are not waterproof/resistant. Even if it is. Silicone and rubber seals may break after aging, vibration, temperature changes.

Seeing the dust marks between the battery the it’s enclousre shows s the air flow…which is basically the water flow if it’s water from puddles. Probably no big issues with a wet spot here and there but it’s always a risk

Lastly you have to realize that if water gets into the bearings and rust it will be hard or impossible to change.

1 Like

It’s not the hard to swap these parts. Peel off the rubber mat from the old drive and you’ll see all the screws that holds the plastic box and trucks. Then it’s just a simple swap

And then Im suppose to glue the rubber back on? I would much rather send this to them and they do it for me. Anyway I can’t ride it anyway without the batteries. It’s also missing the new wheels…:rage:

If I knew this package were from Landwheel I wouldn’t recive it cus this is not what we agreed on eaither. Gah.

Noticed that the new charger is 40v instead of 42v I guess this is so you can brake when its “fully” charged.

That sucks. Did you deal with your sales person instead of Landwheel directly?

You should contact Jason and sort it out. Point out that you are not a DIY person this is why you picked their product.

The rubber is just double sided taped on. Once mounted on a deck it won’t come off

Yeah its dealt with the sales person directly.

How do I get in contact with Jason?

Pm ing 10char

Hi there, the range on my skateboard is about 11km and I own 2 batteries (11km each). I’m trying to get more batteries but they are expensive to ship to Australia. I was wondering if you know a good supplier?

I’m ordering my batteries straight from Landwheel on alibaba. Two of them Shipped to the US cost 230 USD, which I think is a fair price considering that a single extra battery from companies like Inboard cost 250 USD a pop. It’s not exactly cheap, but I’m not willing to take any risks trying to buy them from an-off brand/ no name supplier just to save a couple bucks up front. If I were you I would just pay the price Landwheel is asking for just because their batteries are reliable, they are a known company/supplier, and have very good customer support which means you won’t be disappointed or ripped off. How much are batteries shipped to Australia? I can’t imagine it’s all that much more expensive than shipping them to the US?

Ordered my landwheel drive yesterday. Now I need a board to mount it on. I was looking at this NKD Ghost Rider because if the drive end up not working I can just put the trucks back on. DO you guys think the landwheel will fit on it?

https://www.kitedanmark.dk/naked-ghost-rider-longboard.html

1 Like