The LANDWHEEL electric hub drive

It depends on what you think is safe

My V3 felt perfect in speed and brakes. Enjoyable until it stopped and beeped after 5 miles.I had to turn it off and on or remove the battery to reset. A few feet later it does it again, then again.

They shipped me what we call a Version 4 circuitboard that supposedly fix that beep of death issue, but it gave harsh brakes, literally either go or dead stop which shoots you off the board. Than another V4 circuit board came (my current one) and there was a slight improvement. The brakes are no so sudden as seems to apply 40% then 60% then 100% brakes. So it still JOLTS instead of stopping you smoothly. Thereā€™s also cogging when braking. The next version is supposedly going to have smooth braking

I am eagerly awaiting the next, and hopefully fully usable version. The 4 previous drives my garage are all but useless. This will be a super sweet board when and if they can get it dialed in. Thanks for all the info Mike. I live in Cali so I would be happy to help with the beta testing if another warm body is needed. Have a degree in aeronautical engineering, so maybe a small portion of my knowledge will be applicable to these things.

Wowgo seems to use a similar setup to test their boards!

Hi guys, I ordered LW in October, they should be shipped on 3 November. Now I received the message that they got problems with ā€œdelivery partsā€ and will ship in middle of November, so delivery for me would be end of November. In other words I wasted 1 month with waiting and not sure if end of November is the real date. Whatā€™s your latest information concerning delivery of L3-X? Anyway, this forum was a great adventure to read! But still missing the happy-end somehowā€¦

Yes. We are all told mid November due to production shortage. I believe the battery redesign was the issue. The whole eSkate industry require patience. Most of us have waited months and even over a year for parts or board. Itā€™s just not mature enough to have stock in hand at all times.

what kind of battery redesign? i have a V4 so will it fit on a previous version

unsure at the moment if the redesign is internal or external

hopefully their just extending the range, surely they wouldnā€™t completely change the shape of the battery or how it connects to the board as that is something they fixed from earlier models when they changed the connection ports. otherwise that would that leave owners of previous versions in limbo.

I think if previous owners are getting a replacement with new battery connections a battery will come with the drive. And you old battery would be obsolete. The older replacements didnā€™t come with batteries becuase the existing batteries were compatible

so in other words, if my battery dies or i wanted a spare im screwed and the only way to replace it would be having to buy a new complete driveā€¦ not a chance id pay for a complete drive if all i needed was a battery!

Iā€™m sure LW has the old battery available at this time. Is your LW actually functional and usable, most of ours are waiting for replacements?

yeah mine is working great so far, never had any problems with it,

I just received a reply from Michelle that, even though ALL the drives I received are defective, she will not be sending me the next iteration so I will FINALLY have a working skateboard that I paid for a few years ago. Has anyone else received an email like this? I have 4 broken or unsafe drives stacked in my garage and I am still out the $400 something we all paid from the get go. Kinda feel like I/we (Those that got in from the very beginning by sending a descent amount of money) are being neglected and all manpower is now being geared towards new customers. And while I have been rooting for them this whole time hoping they make an awesome product, I still need a drive at the end of the dayā€¦or 3 yearsā€¦that actually works. Kinda disappointedā€¦

I noticed that Michelle seems to be the one sales person that not that great towards LW customers in terms of service and communication. Hopefully Jason has some pull and can get you a working drive if thatā€™s indeed what this is. At the end of the day, if we donā€™t get a working product we are SOL and our only option is to make these complaints public. If each of us make a video of our flawed systems it would be bad for their image (which is not great at this point). Try to be patient and see what Jason can do in terms for fulfilling what we all paid for, which is a WORKING drive. @pkasanda FYI might want to forward this to Jason?

Rhino:

Letā€™s take this conversation into a private forum. Iā€™ll send you an invitation.

So here is some good news for the forum. I received a pre-production prototype L3-X from Landwheel and was able to do a few test runs before the snow fell in Canada.

Itā€™s fantastic. No risk of being thrown off the front of the board, no power downs or cut-outs. With a light rider like my son (105 lbs) the Landwheel out accelerates and out brakes and exceeds top speed of the boosted board G2. Itā€™s now my sonā€™s favorite board. The brakes are really easy to control. For him the acceleration is a little softer than the V4, but just marginally.

For me, who weighs 225, Iā€™m aware that the acceleration is a bit below the boosted board and the brakes are a little soft. From 20 kph, I estimate I could stop about 15 - 20 feet sooner on our boosted boards. The acceleration is still good. I can tell that the new circuit board is carefully regulating the acceleration to prevent voltage sag, power reduction and power-cut-out. So unlike the V4 that would suddenly drop to 50% power, the L3-X keeps accelerating. The acceleration seems to be well regulated so that the battery voltage stays up in the range that prevents any type of power reduction that would shift the riderā€™s weight.

The remote now vibrates to indicate low power. It may or may not vibrate when dropping down from one of the four battery levels to the next. I was testing the L3-x in -2 degrees celcius and the impact of the temperature on battery performance could have been a factor in the vibration alerts. Even in these very adverse temperature conditions, the L3-X operated safely and predictably.

My gut tells me the L3-x might outperform the Boosted boards for riders up to 175 pounds. Thatā€™s just a feeling. The snow fell very soon after I unboxed the L3-x.

The new PU wheels are awesome. The vibration is very low. They seem very durable.

The switch also functions differently. You need to push it for 3 seconds in order to power down. I believe this will prevent the power downs that some of you might have experienced with the V2, V3, & V4 after hitting a bump or crack in the road. I think the bump related power outs on the old Landwheels were as a result of the bump triggering the power switch.

The new L3-x battery has higher capacity. I think this is mostly as a result of a better BMS that allows a deeper charge.

Itā€™s my impression that production line Landwheels are still 1 ā€“ 3 weeks out. Iā€™m hoping to see some L3-X units go out to some beta testers in California & Neatherlands so that they can test range and durability and make more comparisons with Raptors, Boosted Boards and Carvons. Stay tuned.

1 Like

Dave: More is now known about the new L3-X batteries. They have more capacity and range and a better BMS and require a different charging base but operate on the same power supply. V4 batteries work in the L3-x but the range would be limited.

I suspect L3-x batteries would work in the V4 drives. The peak voltage on a fresh charge is the same 42.5 volts.

So, if you needed a new battery, you would not need to toss the drive.

1 Like

nice, from what iv heard from about the new model it looks promising, would be good if they had a place in the UK/EU they could produce and ship from though as it costs a fortune to get parts shipped from china.

Any ideas about what company might be a good distributor for the UK/EU who could also Wharehouse a skid of product and parts? Landwheel follows a lot of advice that is provided.

pk

Iā€™m confused now!! The Landwheel L3X isnā€™t the last model they launched?.

This model: