The LANDWHEEL electric hub drive

Hi Everyone,

About our brake system, we use linear sliding positioner, the brake force is according to the brake range when you braking. As the picture shows, there are three intervals with brake force at 60%-80%-100%, you need to brake extremely slowly.

Now we are still adjusting the brake force to be more comfortable. In order to avoid injuring, please practice brake more at low speed first. When you are familiar with it, then you can choose fast mode.

Thanks for all supports. Landwheel

Our Sweden customer Daniel (INS:@lazyrollers) rode our V4 at top speed 45.76km/h. :+1:, Hope you guys will enjoy it. More details, welcome to follow our INS: https://www.instagram.com/landwheel_official/

We are deeply appreciate Mike @Mikenopolis, Paul @pkasanda and Fred @Technotron for some suggestions. They help us a lot, we are keep working the perfect products for you guys. Welcome more feedback.

Jason

1 Like

Hi All, New to the forum here. Iā€™ve clocked about 100miles so far on my land wheel setup on a Loaded Icarus. Happy to answer any questions or if youā€™re in London come meet up and have a go on it.

The Landwheel team have have been really great thus far. For the money this is phenomenal bit of kit, it can be improved of course but they seem to be open to suggestions.

I ordered 3 kits but only one is mine.

what do you do to keep those wheels so clean after 100 miles? mine looked pretty bad after 8 miles.

1 Like

That was after about 1 mile, freshly installed. They look a lot worse now :wink:

On the topic of wheels, just me or could be motorised wheels be a bit softer, their lower polyurethane thickness makes them a bit rough on the less than ideal roads around the city. Iā€™ve been looking into moulding my own wheels for this, doesnā€™t appear to be that difficult. In some of the car modding communities Iā€™m in Iā€™ve seen people pour their own bushes and mounts to stiffen up suspension, Iā€™m thinking I could 3D print a thin brittle mould, pour the PU and and then just break the mould to remove. The accuracy of the 3D printer would set centre the motor perfectly (I hope) and as long as I get the air bubbles out iā€™m thinking I could get away without too much lathing / post processing. For Londonā€™s roads a 100mm wheel would be a lot more forgiving for daily shredding.

100 miles on the v3 or v4?

All been on the v4. Been riding it every day for about 3 weeks. Only issue has been some knocking on the motorised wheels over rough roads as they have loosened up. Iā€™ve got a deep socket driver coming to tighten it up which will hopefully sort that out.

The rough road survival is encouraging. Please share more details? How rough? Picture? Video? Are you a light or a heavy rider?

Locktite for the nuts?

Thanks pk

Hey Guys,

Not been on here in a while.I just got my V4. What does everyone think overall?

I have only ridden it for one day so far but I am still worried and donā€™t feel safe riding it in the roads of London yet with the current braking system. What does everyone think of the braking of the V4?

The trucks seem to be much loser which is good for riding on the pavements around tight corners. But I have done a little bit of riding at fast speeds on the road but with the loose trucks it feels more unstable. Before they were too tight. I will tighten them but not sure which is the best balance because turning is way better now.

Search ā€œgullwingā€ trucks. Double king pin. Super stable at high speeds with an excellent turn radius and carving abilities. I replaced the stock front trucks with these and never looked back. If landwheel did this with their drive trucks they would have the best carving electric skateboard in existence.

1 Like

Hey guys,

Iā€™m new to this forum. Looking on Alibaba, I can find about 7-10 different factories that produce the Landwheel. Where can I order the V4 Landwheel directly from the original source? Any help would be appreciated.

Hi Breezy,

Could you please PM us your email address? Our sales rep. will contact you directly. :slight_smile:

Landwheel

Maybe itā€™s because my account is too new, but I canā€™t figure out how to send you a PM. Is there anyway that you could PM me first and Iā€™ll reply with my email? Sorry, Iā€™ve tried to figure it out for a while now and havenā€™t been able to.

Here is our official Alibaba link. :slight_smile: https://landwheel.en.alibaba.com

Okay so am I the only one who finds there is no improvement on the braking and in fact it might be worse?

I am also interested to know what speeds people go at, average and max

I donā€™ know how accurate it was but I used a speedomeeter on my phone today. I realised that due to the braking issues and handling at high speeds I am only comfortable going at a max of 11mph and at a nice cruise pace of 7mph

Hey guys. Iā€™m new to the forum and Iā€™m very interested in getting an e-skateboard for myself. However I have seen many different brands such as landwheel, Onan, eon and recently walnut tech spectra.

I have also been following this thread for awhile now. But it seems quite inconclusive to me as to which brand is the most reliable now.

I read some negative reviews about eon failing to deliver on their promise of sending out their products and Onan being somewhat unreliable in terms of customer service and after sales support.

I am not keen on the walnut spectraā€™s weight sensing feature and I feel that the remote control is a safer option.

So ultimately Iā€™m back to landwheel, however I have seen some of u guys complain about the braking issues and others with issues with the board fresh from the factory.

Iā€™m still a student, so budget and reliability is high on my list.

I would like to know if I should order a landwheel or if there are any other options available around. Iā€™m from Singapore so my options are quite limited.

Any feedback and replies will be greatly appreciated! :slight_smile:

Hi @kLo

How long range you want? How much can you pay for? Longboard? or short?

LANDWHEEL customer service worthy of special mention in the e-skateboard maker. However, the drive is still being improved. I donā€™t recommend it as a e-skateboard to buy for the first time.

Hi,

Iā€™m looking for a something with around a 15km range. Budget up to SGD1k? Roughly USD800? I intend to fix it onto my landyachtz dinghy nautical.

I see. Yeah. From what I saw it seems like that have superb customer service. But Iā€™m worried about technical issues since I have minimal technical knowledge.