The JET SPUD 29" is back again! šŸ˜œ

Yeah, it seems that is the curvature of the deck that is touching the center of the battery. I havenā€™t velcroā€™d it down yet either, which may add another 1-2mm. I may try to sand down the bottom of the deck just a hair to flatten it where it makes contact w/ the battery. Iā€™m fairly lightweight so Iā€™m not too worried about flex

The measurement is with velcro so about 21-22mm tall.

How thick neoprene were you using? Iā€™m thinking of looking at other soundproof foam since neoprene is flammable. Iā€™m also thinking of getting that P-stylle Gasket! Itā€™s perfect.

Iā€™ll take a measurement tonight. BKB sent it along with the enclosure/battery kit. Iā€™m guessing itā€™s 5mm?

I just finished the Tayto build this weekend and ran into the same issue. Sorry! These are the little kinks that I wanted to get worked out in the ā€œbeta kitsā€. image This is the stuff I ended up using, its a few mm thicker and it seals up nicely. You can get it for like $3 at Home Depot, or I can send you some from the roll I have. You can probably even get a little bit thicker one as well.

@clistpdx @Jc06505n

1 Like

Yes exactly. Worst case scenario adesive foam for sealing on one side and gasket on the other. You will get up to 1 cm for sure.

Do you still have them in stock ? BTW. Where are you based ? CALI ? Also ā€¦you donā€™t have any eboosted enclosures left do you ? Also ā€¦is Tayto in stock ? and also ā€¦is the double stack eboosted enclosure going to fit Tayto ?

1 Like

Yes the Spud is still in stock. I am based in Pennsylvania, USA.

The Tayto is on pre-order. Both eboosted spud enclosure (single and double stack) will fit the tayto. They will be in stock today (enclosures)

3 Likes

No lie, It took me a while to decide if I should wait for the Tayto or get the Spud now. I am without a board now since I have a hairline fracture in my main board. Stupid crap! It sucks to wait though, but it is what it is!

Awesome ā€¦I think Iā€™d place an order for either the spud or tayto with the double stack enclosure. I need something super small for short quick commutes.

1 Like

Hello @JLabs, i just pre order the tayto and iā€™m asking if you gonna sell again the enclosure + battery kit ?.

Yes you can email me for the battery and enclosure jared@ buildkitboards.com

1 Like

@JLabs any updates on the tayto?

1 Like

Not yet Iā€™ve called three times and sent emailsā€¦ Iā€™d switch manufacturers if they didnā€™t own the deck mold.

They eventually send them but I donā€™t have a firm date yet. I only got an email a few weeks ago about them being delayed, nothing since then unfortunately

2 Likes

No worries. Thanks for being transperent.

Blows my mind apart that these companies donā€™t want to sell products :no_mouth:

1 Like

Its a ā€˜sisterā€™ company of ABEC11 so Iā€™m not surprised. 107ā€™s were the hardest thing to get for a long period of time. I think most of it has to do with high over head cost and not enough staff.

1 Like

Didnā€™t wanna derail thread so posting here

You should do that anyways. We need a 31-36 inch deck built for esk8. Thick, wheel cutouts, battery cutout, kicktail. Such a big void in this range.

1 Like

may i ask why 10s4p is preferred to like, a 10s3p or 12s2p?

10s4p=40 cells, 3p=30 cells, 12s2p=24 cells. More cells, more range. More S count, more top speed

3 Likes

@JLabs Can we expect any restock of the Jet Spud soon? :snowboarder:

1 Like