The future of bearings

We may be using these on our boards in the near future.

1 Like

What you could get less than 1% more range with these bearings, dont think it will do much of a diffrence compared to a clean lubed bearing

i didn’t see any 608s in there but there’s nothing different about them from these other bearings shown so i expect they’ll have 608s and f608s out soon enough for us to try.

free roll resistance from everyfactor besides the current bearings is more than that of the current bearings so yeah, i doubt we’ll see more speed.

But we may see more endurance.

I’m tired of riding out on a motor mount when a wheel flies off. Even the best bearing disintegrates eventually. These might help lengthen the lifespan.

2 Likes

I don’t get it. there is still metal on metal contact so oil or grease will still be required or it will over heat… its thermodynamics. you can’t have no friction it’s impossible.

2 Likes

@Acido How’d you come up with that stat? More efficient = better

@lhb Their website list 3 types of bearings, including 608’s. They are selling them on Amazon Japan.

1 Like

There is no contact. The groove allows the balls to change speed so they don’t bump into each other, from what I understand.

But you’re right, they still touch something.

there are no bearing spacers so less friction

Thats my opinion

AvE did it better

3 Likes

there are a number of things wrong here. for starters unless they are some sort of magnetic levitation hover bearings that float off each other there will always be metal to metal contact. that causes friction, friction causes heat, heat Leads to Anger leads to hate. Hate leads to suffering…

you will always need some sort of lube in there to stop the beings from seizing under high loads, sure these may have less friction, but to say “greaseless” is a bit misleading. I’m welcoming anyone to try these bearings and run them at high speed without grease or oil and report back their findings. I love new technology, but keeping things realistic as well.

2 Likes

nah… sweep the legs. Fuck bearings. Use frictionless cores in your flywheel clones like i do.

These are actually powered by hate. Hate is, in physics terminology, a Strong Force. It can be easily harnessed and leveraged for useful tasks such as this.

6 Likes

"Created by Japanese outfit Coo Space, the bearings don’t use cages to separate and evenly space the balls. Because of this, no friction is generated during the bearings’ operation, eliminating the need for lubricants to smoothen things out.

The Autonomous Decentralized Bearings have small grooves in the outer bearing race, where the balls slide into, essentially slowing them down, before speeding back up. This simple change prevents the balls from ever touching each other, since as soon as one comes up on another ball, it hits a groove which slows it down slightly, allowing the other one to pull away. Since they’re not separated by cages, the balls start out without even spacing, which the bearings eventually fall into after a few spins, as a result of the grooves’ simple yet remarkable effect."

1 Like

eliminating the ball cage and therefore another point of failure.

pretty sure lube is still a good idea though.

Still hard to find a place in in the US selling these. Unlikely to be sold for a while.

I you won’t find it, it’s snake oil. It does not exist.

5 Likes

Just had a search In the uk,plenty online claim to be “frictionless” but pretty sure it would mention this new design in the description. I never knew Leonardo da Vinci invented the ball bearing between the years 1498-1500! Amazing!

1 Like