The flipsky dual esc group buy. ITS ON. 130$ including usa shipping

Just paste the url in and let the magic happen.

Here is another short test on 30amps. I didn’t have any drv8302 error this time.

I will try a longer ride next time on the same settings. I think this one is safe.

But “over voltage” two times

So is this cutout thing a common issue for all 4.12’s, or it’s only limited to this FS dual vesc?

I havent had any cut outs or heard anyone else have on any other vesc…

1 Like

This cutout problem is new to the FS 4.12.

I was talking about overall reliability/stability. The 4.12 overall is not stable (even vedder has admitted this) and breaks under certain conditions (generally speaking, 12s FOC). Vedder increased reliability with the vesc 6. For under $250, you could have 2x 6.6’s so while yes, a bit more money, it’s a completely different beast when it comes to dealing with heat also…

1 Like

Is there any current group buys that will ship to Canada?

the US group buy can / should ship to canada at slightly higher shipping prices.

@Hummie has the order been put in?

i wanna use these on my next build…

They’re in the mail.

I’ll do another group buy for these tomorrow and do Canada too. It’ll be quick and there’s a lot of people who want them so will send it in in like a day or two. 6.6s as well

1 Like

Exactly, they run really well on 10s even in FOC no cut outs on the 2 ive tested so far.

2 Likes

Will they be the single or dual or both?

Both. I’ll put it up tonite

Sounds good

Kind of disappointing hearing about these issues but I guess it doesn’t matter too much since I run 10s exclusively…

So what about the 3 over voltage events? Looks like its triggered over 50v, there is one peak on the fist one of 56.3 volts :open_mouth:

I would guess the cause is not enough capacitance or something wrong with your battery.

Any electrical engineers have any ideas?

I always get over voltage fault when going full brakes on a full battery.

There might be something up with my battery though. I seem to get a lot of sag on full acceleration which has triggered under voltage fault before. Still need to open up my pack properly and check it.

You know that was my thought about not enough capacitance. I’m going to get a few low ESR caps either rated for 63v or or than likely 100v caps and put them in line.

I got them in. look nice. ill get them out tomorrow.

6 Likes

Wooohoooo. It’s a shame I’m away from home for work to receive my 2. The wife just loves it when I have packages show up at the house when I’m away at work. Honestly she never complains not once I just think its my guilty conscience. LOL.

Is it too late to get in on this?

Yeah they’ve already come in but I think @Hummie will be doing another group buy for these soon. Double check with him.