The Electric Boarder Thunder in the Mountains Colorado Event

Hey guys,

Sorry if it feels like there’s any delays. We’ve been working with the punches and trying to get some things set in stone but this is definitely still happening. Right now were just getting ready to do a big promotional video for this, the official website we just got up about a week ago, you can find it at TheElectricBoarder.com with all the information on how to sign up for the event.

So far the only delays we had were trying to get permits for some of the Denver parks which we discovered would be a no go. I am not deterred by this however, we have some fun plans for the first day around the city and it will be a meet and greet day as is.

We definitely still have confirmation on the 2 days at IMI motorsports complex.

Current (signed) sponsors for the event are , Build Kit Boards, Longhaired Boy, Colorado Cadi and TorqueBoards and we’ve discussed submissions with multiple more companies. The only thing holding anything back is we’re waiting on you all to sign up and get your asses out here to ride for 5 days!

Working on a hotel this week and trying to find a discount for the group but if you’re eager to get your shit booked feel free to find anything down in Denver near the light rail and you should be able to commute around Denver to any local stuff easily.

Any more questions, feel free to ask me :slight_smile:

10 Likes

This is what I am most psyched about anyway TBH, riding around the city with my buddies!

Thanks for the update and all the effort that goes into something like this.

It is much appreciated!

12 Likes

@longhairedboy has set up some affordable shipping for the event if you want to contact him

2 Likes

I’ve got some bad news. (TL;DR: I will not be able to ship anyones boards to this event.)

My aggregate shipping provider has made some changes that are pretty devastating.

Because of my schedule (basically three jobs with family and kids) and because of what I ship (big lithium batteries, boards with big lithium batteries) I can only use a certain very few carriers, and only one of them makes any damned sense to use: FedEx. UPS has an awful reputation for destroying packages and DHL simply isn’t present in my area unless i want to schedule regular pickups during hours that i can’t possibly be home.

At some point over the last couple of days, my shipping provider dropped FedEx, which will basically force me to pay full price on shipping via FedEx manually and remove it as an option for selecting as a carrier on my store.

This will affect my builds, the builds i’m doing for other esk8 companies, and the evolve mods.

But most relevant to this thread, it means i will not be able to provide a cheap way to get your boards to Colorado. Unfortunately, we’re all on our own for now.

13 Likes

Thank you for the update bud

9 Likes

2 months out, I’m getting so exited! I really hope I can finish my MTB in time but IDK if that’s possible with my meager pay and the cost of the overall trip. I probably need a 4 amp charger too since 2 amps takes 8 hours to full lol.

I’ve been getting quotes from shipping container manufacturers and it looks fairly reasonable to have a custom sized crate made to fit 2 boards. (~ $250 total round trip including container cost) It’s more than I’d hoped but at least I’ll have a good box for future events.

6 Likes

Are you guys any closer in having set an official event hotel where we can all stay and have a good time?

5 Likes

Yes absolutely. Have a hotel block now. Steps are being taken to get that up on the site.

@Lunasi

5 Likes

off topic here… Kinda glad I have scheduling conflicts that prevents me from attending…but did anyone else get fuked in income taxes this year? Now I’m relieved I no longer need plane tickets and a week of hotel cost.

I’m interested in the hotel cost just to see how much this would’ve cost. I can’t wait for the 3rd annual Florida event!

6 Likes

I got an air B&B in the downtown area near City Park, figured that spot would be close to where others are staying. Don’t want to miss out on too much fun!

5 Likes

We got an air bnb too! I’ll drop a pin on a map when I find it.

2 Likes

If possible it would be nice with a hotel where most of us stays. It worked so well in Vegas.

We’re staying a bit south of Denver, near Harvard Gulch West Park.

Screenshot_20190416-150120_Maps

2 Likes

Capture

2 Likes

2 Likes

Y’all got to this just before I got moving today :stuck_out_tongue: Was just about to do a big update.

Let’s get started then, everyone is asking about hotels. The hotel deal is set up and they have rooms on reserve for us until May 12th. You can still get a room there afterwards but the prices will go up after that date.

Hotel Details:

Hometowne Studios Denver (Glendale/Cherry Creek) 4850 Leetsdale Dr, Glendale, CO 80246

Reservations open for rooms with single and double beds until May 12th

Contact: You may either contact Angie Preston at [email protected] and let her know you are part of the Electric Boarder festival group (You can also call her at 720-210-8893 but only during reasonable hours please). You may also call the hotel directly and also refer that you are part of the ride group at (303) 333-2545.

Reserved Rates and Availability: 25 single beds are available currently for $64.99 for weekly or $74.99 daily. 8 doubles are available currently at $84.99 weekly or $94.99 daily.

Event updates: Not much has changed from the original vision. We realized with current laws set out by the rushed legislation of electric scooters that certain things are a no go, for example park permits. Because of that day one has just been re-visioned as a ride day instead of a park day. That means there’s 3 set ride days for this event, day 1, day 4 and day 5, all with different locations and fun to be had.

Most the information you guys need to sign up is already up here, but if you’re looking for another place for it you can find more information at TheElectricBoarder.com or reach out to me on an individual basis.

Currently signed sponsors

• Build Kit Boards
  • Longhaired Boy
  • Red Ember Boards
  • Colorado Cadi
  • TorqueBoards
  • Kali.NYC

Sponsor Contract update We’ve lowered the fees on the sponsors and tried to make a more equal playing field for all players. Contact me if you have any questions about this.

Current Sign up Fee $100 for ticket without swag/goodies $125 for ticket with swag/goodies

Payment Link https://paypal.me/pools/c/8ak4nDqu78

Extras Special decks being made for prizes by @mmaner and @Sender

9 Likes

Mine was almost $1000 less than last years because of ol Trumpy boy new tax bill.

5 Likes

I already paid a BMW 3 series amount in income taxes and I still ended up owing $6,000. I’ve always owed next to nothing. Whatever Trump did definitely did not benefit me…or maybe it’s just his hate of us Californians…and Chinese Americans :expressionless::cry:

7 Likes

I don’t know what he did but it has seemed to screw everyone over. I’m looking at going to the 2020 esk8 event in florida.

1 Like

I don’t see myself making it this year. Too much going on at home for me to take a personal vacation. :sweat:

2 Likes