The Electric Boarder Thunder in the Mountains Colorado Event

Hey you Moe. My comment was personal and not meant disrespectfully in any way at all. I have a tonne of respect for your engineering, your dive and passion for competitive esk8 and if anyone wants to race they can have at it. That’s why I said I’d watch with a beer, it does not interest me in the slightest to compete in all of this.

With all of that said, when I made that comment the focus of this thread had been racing, which correct me if I am wrong, is not the point of these events in general? If it is then I am happily wrong, I’ll watch you guys leather up and take loads of pictures for my mastabatorium when I get home :smirk:

4 Likes

worth waiting for :rofl:

1 Like

The focus of the event is not racing though, 2 of 5 days we’re going to be there are at a track, the second half of those race days will be night rides, almost 70-80% of the event is group rides. People keep misinterpreting this because the race days are what we need to lock to set dates, because of that I haven’t announced as much of the ride days yet. None the less, I’m hoping some sponsors will run stock races and if there’s boards you’ve never tried you’ll have an opportunity to hit a track and try it out.

4 Likes

Any updates on picking a date?

4 Likes

Waiting to hear back from IMI, gonna call them today since they’ve seen my message but haven’t replied

8 Likes

Would it be a bad idea to drop the racing from the event. Track rental is expensive and Racing is exclusive.

1 Like

I’d vote no on this. racing may not be everyone’s cup of tea, but it would be good to see people throw down and have a good time with it. And it would be good to see the mfg’s boards out there competing.

just to be clear, keep the racing.

and the track can be used for things other than racing.

8 Likes

I just bought a really high resolution camera for all those leather ass shots. Waste of money if I don’t get to watch you guys now.

6 Likes

We’re going to do a whole set of wacky races so it should be lots of fun. Mario Kart races anyone? :grin:

8 Likes

2 boards with 2 controllers, 1 foot on each.

8 Likes

I got a really good suggestion from Jamie to do a race where 2 people take eachothers remotes, to win you have to get the person on the board you’re controlling to the finish line first :yum:

7 Likes

Everyone is going to turn their boards up lmao

1 Like

Love the idea, but this is dangerous AF.

4 Likes

The point is to get them there safely, would be a short slow paced race and hopefully the riders would be wearing lots of padding. Do it on some slow chinese boards maybe instead of people’s main decks.

Always up for suggestions!

2 Likes

It’s just…the rider in front controls the rider behind. No visual cues. And when one inevitably crashes the remote is either going to go to zero throttle or 100% throttle if the crashing rider clenches the remote. It’s a recipe for disaster.

maybe a goofy race? or a kickpush race? or a reverse throttle race?

1 Like

Just so everyone is clear, racing isn’t the only thing happening here. there will be plenty of awesome shit happening. Most of that awesome shit is outlined here: https://www./2018/12/21/esk8-squad-mountain-thunder-colorado-2019/

there will be plenty of casual riding and exploring and partying and all of that fun stuff.

@chaka take two weeks off work instead! that’s what i’m doing. Bringing the whole family up here. I’m probably not racing but i sure as shit want to watch some. I may even take that unicycle on the dirt track for shits and giggles.

5 Likes

I’m taking a full week for this. I have the time, might as well use it.

2 Likes

Do it RC racing style. have one person on the board steering & one person on the sidelines with the throttle. Lol

5 Likes

Now that could work!

TxRx range though. :frowning:

1 Like

My board is so Torquay Whoever has the remote would probably kill me

2 Likes