The Colateral: Moonshine sidekick 35" | Surfrodz 176mm | Blue Caguamas

I’m looking for a good laser cutter, I wonder what’s the gold standard on those machines

https://www.epiloglaser.com is on the 2019 bat cave list here :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Yeah man…when will you go in a serial production, because your prototype is still done and freakin amazing…It looks like its right out of the box.

Unfortunately I won’t sell eboards, my carshop takes 60% of my time, my GF and boy 30% and the other 10% I enjoy building/fixing my current boards and creating enclosures, I can’t imagine the stress you get by fixing/selling/manufacturing and attending warranty claims about other people eboards :zombie:

1 Like

Great job! My favorite build to date.

2 Likes

Thanks man! I purchased this deck thanks to your find, so glad I did. It’s the most fun deck to ride I ever had, I don’t know if it’s because the extreme turn ability or high speed stability of the surfrodz trucks, or the comfort and grip of the blue Caguamas, or the perfect size of the deck so I don’t need to move my rear foot to use the kicktail, or the fact I don’t need to get down the board to jump over curbs, or just kicktail it if I need to charge it or turn it on/off instead of bending over, or how easy is to mall grab it from the trucks, or the awesome shape of the deck, I don’t know but there is some magic around it… :mage:

6 Likes

Love the location of the switch !

fantastic setup. What drive pulleys are you using?

Did you get the 12s5 battery enclosure done and i missed it? If not how’s it going? I really wanna do a 10s6 on a moonshine. Think im gonna bite the bullet next payday and pick up this deck.

2 Likes

I’m in the final process, I’m making a new cover design, motorcycle oriented to keep the original soul

3 Likes

Cant wait to see it.

1 Like

@Eboosted where were you able to get a 18t 15mm motor pulley? I’m looking for myself!

https://www.beltingonline.com/18-tooth-htd5-pulley-18-5m-15f-7775?zenid=t7kig13ea8fne62js5eesgg8l0

1 Like

I got it from Dexter @torqueboards however it was a 12mm not 15mm

1 Like

So after some weeks I decided I wanted to try a double stack enclosure in order to fit a crazy big battery for this short kicktail.

I was able to fit a 12s5p on it.

20190104_161521

There was a lot more room left so I connected a full BMS for charge and discharge, I chose the Bestech HCX-D596 80A, I’ll try it at 100A though hope it can cope with the battery.

20190105_164058

Here is the final board, as I upgraded only the electronics and not the trucks or wheels you will see some wear on them, so it’s not going to be posters shots.

Then I went for a test ride.

OMG I’m never going back to 10s4p, this esk8 has given me new feelings, the stability at high speeds with loose trucks, the turning ratio and the acceleration are freaking addictive, I get to 55km/hr as soon as I push the throttle to the max, I have to apply a lot more force on my legs to keep on balance.

But what I like the most is the feeling of compactness, nothing on the board rattles, feels like a tank, a one piece mechanic part.

The wheels are soft and the sound of FOC are making my commute so so short.

:slight_smile:

12 Likes

I really love this deck

3 Likes

Straight up my favorite deck by far …beside the lack of power and boring speeds of 35kmh of this blink s2 build compared from my diy… I still grab it for mid size rips all the time. Because I can shred this deck hard. it’s my girlfriend gonto board now she loves it So I’ll be buying the single for the sleeker look and route the deck out like i did here on the blinks2. Some pic of it complete once again I can’t break it any more warranty is gone now lol…

1 Like

IMG_20190106_112446 IMG_20190106_112538 IMG_20190106_112622 IMG_20181226_193925

6 Likes

Dude, I agree with you guys and have nothing but good things to say about this decks older brother too and I absolutely love the outlaw! It’s honestly crazy how much more comfortable and stable this deck makes riding, boggles my mind! I actually did a swap with my raptor 2 set up and used a TB 218 front truck to give it that much more cleaeance/stability with 97’s and it’s definitely my go to everyday board. Almost want to get this deck you @Eboosted has to make another build that’s just a little smaller as I still have the psycho enclosure that fits either deck perfectly . IMG_9792 IMG_9793 IMG_9835

7 Likes

Love both these decks, next deck I buy for sure, even started to like the green bumper :slight_smile:

1 Like