The BrumBeast. 37MPH, dual 6374 Maytech, 12s4p, Unity, Bergmeister wheels, Fatboy Nano Gear Drive, BigBen enclosure, Landyatchz EVO, TB218, FIRST BUILD

Like many who set out on this sort of venture there were times i just got fed up and wanted to sell the parts, BUT im so glad i didnt.

Im also very glad i took the photos at the start so if i crash it i always have something to remember when it was all shiny and new.

It took 4 times longer than i planned through no fault but simply not being able to get things, getting the wrong things, Customs, Import fees, useless companies but my god riding it is something differnt.

The hours and hours of reading other build guides and deciding what you want from the start really feels worth it once your gliding over rough paths and cutting onto grass and back to tarmac.

1 Like

Amazing board man! @Halbj613

5 Likes

Hey you make it sound like I am depressed

2 Likes

cheer up mate whats going on with your board?

Do we need to call a board doctor? i heard @okp will know what to do

3 Likes

Getting there nearly done

Excellent job and great finish! Where did you end up picking up the Caliber baseplates from?

1 Like
1 Like

Ah okay, EU based gotcha

what was the reason when you crank your remote all the way up the motors stop?

I have a very similar spec’d build. What gear ratio are you running? How do you like the gear drive? Is it noisy? How many miles do you have on the setup?

Looks gorgeous, makes me want a set of bergmeisters. Your turning radius looks great for such a wide stance. How is stability at top speed with that thing?

the remote needed re-calibrating soon as i did that all worked perfectly and no more cut outs

Gear drive is great and is very noisy but so are the motors when you put that many amps through them. You can hear how loud everything is in the multiople videos i posted. i got approx 15miles driving like i stole it, prob more like 20-25miles if i rode like Jay Boston and turned the power down and rode sensible

1 Like

the landyatchz evo is rated to 75kph on 44 degree trucks and double barrel bushings

I have been 26mph so far but its about the 0-20 time and hard accellerating and braking not the absolute top speed.

1 Like

Got myself some evolve LED lights to really give it the fast and furious look! IMG-20190802-WA0007

And got my 2 fast chargers from china $38 each, $13 postage with EMS so no import duty 1 charger for home 1 charger for my bag that will probably last 4months max 20190802_201448

Can anybody help me with suggestions for cable management to keep them away from the motors and to seal the cables into the deck???

I want to make it look like it was done at the factory not the BODGE i did with nylon & staples

you mean you don’t want this look?

IMG_5330

I could use some suggestions too

2 Likes

I think we had the same teacher :smiley:

yes some good suggestions are needed here lol

1 Like

I was gonna use these - still equally janky IMG_5334

Nothing wrong with bodging, if its safe :rofl:

Im localish too, Redditch. Have you lot been to sutton park with them? That place is made for esk8. Mines a DIY mountain board.