The Black Beauty 4WD Hub Build

load the video to youtube or Instagram, then post link here

sweet build so far.

2 Likes

Thanks! I’ll upload :slight_smile:

@DeVolve and I have convinced the guy making these hubs and vescs to make them public. They’re available here: https://esk8hubs.com

If you have any questions either of us can put you in contact.

3 Likes

cool concept, good to see some other people comming with hubs!

1 Like

How do these hubs secure to the trucks?

3 Likes

It’s the same locking nut as a regular wheel.

But how does that stop it spinning on the shaft? Hubs need to be secured to the truck and the outside spins with the thane. Some hubs are mechanically fastened with pins, some glued. Others have a square boss to fit onto specific trucks. Interested to know how the diy bloke in the street can accomplish this on their own?

It’s designed to not require any other fixing except for the locking nut you’d use to screw a normal wheel to a truck. The motor sits over the truck hangar.

As truck hangars are all different profiles, is it designed to fit on a certain make and model?

It works with all but the thickest trucks. It certainly works on calibers and Paris trucks.

What luke said. :slight_smile: I’m using it on Caliber II trucks. It fits anything that isn’t fatter than that.

Cool, so they fit over the hangars and lock in place somehow? Sorry for the curiosity. Perhaps a picture would explain to my simple mind better!

1 Like

That’s correct, @DeVolve did post one here

And there’s a couple on the website esk8hubs.com Edit: I tried to link directly to the picture, but it’s just the first post here.

No pictures with urethane on the hub? What is the width of the wheels?

Width should be 58mm. They weren’t too happy with the first batch of urathane, so they’re getting a second batch made, and it’s on its way :slight_smile: it will be 83a and make the wheel 90mm

1 Like

I can see the photos but still can’t see how the centres lock to the truck?

2 Likes

90mm wheels and 90kv with a 10s battery. Top Speed will be more than 50 km/h. If not needed “Soft RPM Limit” will help or ackmaniacs “VESC Monitor” android app allows to limit the speed by type in the max speed in km/h or m/h.

1 Like

If you’re still curious, feel free to send a message on the website that will put you in contact with the guy that designed these :slight_smile: he’ll be able to give you a much better explanation than me

1 Like

Yep, contacted him via the messenger on the website but no reply as yet. I’ll update if I get a reply.

Do the hubs support FOC mode?