The Black Beauty 4WD Hub Build

Well if you used watt control then then the duty cycle is taken into account. Could be that these motors are bad to detect the correct duty cylce. And at braking there is no difference. So i really think something was wrong in your settings.

When i tried these with your firmware it did seem to brake normally, when i gave it some forward it made a noise and crapped out. What setting should i change?

Maybe post up your settings. I can test them on this side on our rig. Is there a particular version of @Ackmaniac firmware you were using?

We’ve only tested with stock VESC firmware at this point.

A friend of mine just got these hubs on his (8s lipo) board. He’s lending me his board with the new hubs on Tuesday. I’ll review and compare them against my out runner board and possibly a bamboo GT if I can track one down. He just put the board together today and said “It’s crazy fast, If you stand level and give it full throttle it’ll actually lift the front wheels off the ground!” looking forward to this… weather permitting expect a comparison video by Friday

2 Likes

Fast and acceleration are two different things though :wink: Hubs on a 8S system should not be fast - if they are then the kv should have been lowered in the first place - my personal opinion.

Looking forward to your review though!

keep in mind its the guy’s first time on an e-board so maybe he just cant balance :stuck_out_tongue: lets see when i compare it to mine

Ugh sorry guys but the guy really wants to take his board with him on a work trip because he can’t bear to be without it :confused: since he won’t leave it with me for a couple days he said he can Film some videos. I’ve asked him to do a 0-full speed-0 test and to climb the steepest street he can and check the temperature with an infrared thermometer. Is there anything else you’d like?

Anything new on these?

1 Like

@ekitesurfer You seem to have the magic touch for actually getting information, you gotten any new urethane or heard how it’s going?

Well, one motor spun, screwed the phase wires, so i epoxied 2 of them to a truck. Those worked on foc for a little while, then took a shit when i was going up a hill, worked using bldc for a little while, but last night one motor melted going up a hill. I have lost all faith in these

lol, well I guess I’m not that upset I haven’t received my order after waiting 3 months then. Thanks for the update.

When i was pulling it apart, one of the phase wires came out of my soldering job fairly easily. was my fault, don’t give up hope yet…

This gave me a reason to try my original s10 truck in the front, carvon 2.5s in the rear, so nice!!!

These guys are a joke. Do not order from esk8hubs. Either incredibly incompetent or a scam, I’m leaning towards scam at this point.

@DeVolve and @Luke You guys seemed to be part of this? Can you help out with any clarity?

@bigben i just know the guy Making these, I’m also still waiting for my hubs. Anyone who can’t wait any longer is welcome to get a refund… @esk8hubs can we get a manufacturing update? Can’t be far now

Hi All,

I can completely understand how it seems on the surface, but we’re definitely not here to try and scam or ripoff anyone by any means. Our communication may have slipped for some customers, and for that we apologise. Making hub motors is a complicated process and we’ve run into a number of hitches making them at scale and ensuring they maintain our strict quality control.

Some of the issues have arisen around urethane not being up to standard and lasting the distance. We’ve experienced some issues with the urethane slipping in some cases, and also cracking under stress, not something we’d like to give to customers and potentially have them hurt themselves.

We’re working around the clock to rectify the situation, please bare with us. If anyone who has ordered and doesn’t want to wait, we’re more than happy to refund anyone who contacts us and @Cisphyx has already been refunded at his request.

Regarding the motors themselves, here’s a little bit of technical information for anyone who is interested:

Winding thickness: 34T Stator size: D49.3*35mm t=0.35 KV: 95KV Power in Watts: 1500W(@42V)

Regarding the bearings internally 6805ZZ(D=37,d=25,W=7) (NSK) and 6806ZZ, D=42, d=30, W=7(NMB).

Please do let me know if there’s any other questions I can answer, more than happy to.

6 Likes

I really wanted to give you the benefit of the doubt but you have repeatedly told lies and half truths. If you are honestly having issues trying to put these together, that is completely fine, but your sketchy lies do not instill confidence that this is the case.

I requested a refund on July 21st. After receiving no response, I again requested a refund on July 25th, at which point you told me it had been done. On August 3rd I requested proof that the refund was actually in process or I was going to dispute the transaction, and made the post here. At that point you finally submitted the refund and got the process going. So “we’re more than happy to refund anyone” is questionable, as it took multiple requests and calling you out on lies to actually get it done. I’d like to think you just forgot about it, but why would you email me that it had been done when you hadn’t actually done it? Were you hoping I would just forget about it?

2 Likes

when are you going to begin taking orders again, and how long until you ship once taking an order?

Is it possible to make a 7mm sleeve, bumping the overall diameter to 97mm? This way we can get some Abec 11 97mm flywheels for the front