The best decks for DIY eskates (2018)

Not at all!!!

1 Like

Wym, is it just wobbly and can i fix it by tightining the trucks?

When you hit things at 30 mph on a flexy deck, instead of the board jumping as one piece and being pushed up onto your feet harder, it oscillates, think about a trampoline. There’s a fair chance it’ll send you flying off. And the top is so flat, no concave. Not a great way to be locked in @dougpage

1 Like

Thanks for the response!

Sure thing man… do you have a list of decks you would like to build with?

Stiff downhill boards can also get the wobbles at high speeds due to bad truck/bushing setup or poor technique. A flex board at high speeds would be more difficult to control compared to a stiffer one.

These topics helped me:

2 Likes

No, i have no idea. I really wanted the vanguard or a flex deck. Do you know of any decks that are good at high speeds and have a at least little flex?

Thanks for the info!

I have heard the loaded basalt tesseract is a sick board. It has some flex and I know people downhill it

Do you know of any good 12s enclosures for it?

Its the same shape as the original tesseract, so I would hit up @Eboosted or @bigben

1 Like

Thanks do much! You have been really helpful!

1 Like

Sure thing man. I try!

1 Like

have you seen the moonshine tucker or rum runner? hard to find in Australia. thought?

Also a fan of this. I haven’t ridden many decks but Madrid Trapstar will always be it for me. The drop at the front and the narrower W at the rear without a drop just feels right. I have 7 degree Khiro shock pads to keep the front baseplate at 50 and the rear at 43. Anything else just feels wrong.

1 Like

With a HAYA integrated deck and ill be happy for now :joy: next 2 builds at least

20181011_043904

2 Likes

What’s the deck on the left?

1 Like

Here’s the 3 best Subsonic boards for electric builds.

Subsonic boards can all be ordered as custom builds, including different maple ply counts for flex, and carbon fiber, or fiberglass layers, and custom staining. Every board is CNC cut and shaped for accuracy and hand crafted for a furniture grade finish.

Century 40 is a drop deck with lots of room for batteries because of its length. You can order it with extra plys, or carbon fiber and/or fiberglass layers to make it stiff, or if you want some flex we can adjust, based on rider weight. The rear has a second set of truck mount holes to allow for zero degree setup, and can also be used for rear mount belt motors. Talon is available as a 36 or 37 inch board. It is a drop deck that has a small kick tail, and an appealing shape. eBoosted offers an enclosure for the 37 Talon. Make sure we know that you are interested in electric skateboards, so we send you the 37 inch one. Talon can also be customized for flex, composite layers, and finishing. Spirit 30 has a more aggressive kick tail, and smaller size for easier carrying and storage. It probably won’t take enough batteries to go long distances, but would make a great short distance commuter using hub motors.

If you would like to see eBoosted enclosures for Century 40 and Spirit let me know and we will look into it.

https://www.subsonicskateboards.com/collections/factory-decks-completes/products/century-40-longboard-deck-or-complete https://www.subsonicskateboards.com/collections/factory-decks-completes/products/talon-37-deck-or-complete

https://www.subsonicskateboards.com/collections/factory-decks-completes/products/spirit-30-slalom-longboard-deck

You can explore the options for a custom board at:

8 Likes

You sure you need that hyperbeast? :rofl: I can help you if you not

The shadow 37 tho… I really like that. Been really wanting to redeck my 31 inch. Got my eye on a few different decks. Moonshine, Rayne, Muirderer… and now subsonic is on my radar. Choices choices. Who ever has a good sale first will probably get my money lol

1 Like