The Bat Mobile | Trampa Brake Deck | E-Toxx Drive | Scorpion Power | 14s ESCs | 14s Lipo | Munkey Control

I just ordered my deck decided to do something different and went with the winter camo…

4 Likes

I’m surprised about the finished project! Keep us updated. Good choice BTW. The board looks nice, especially in winter.

Frank

3 Likes

Yeah maybe I should have gone with “the joker” lol I hadn’t seen any other builds in winter Frank, I’m sure they must be out there? and that the camo will look cool dusty & dirty :sunglasses:

I also ordered a cast Mad Munkey from Joel @FLATLINEcustoms. Joel was super cool to deal with and is making up a remote for me in a custom colour to go with my motors/ esc’s…

2 Likes

I just ordered my YGE Caps 9, capacitor banks from freakware.de. Jenso (@Nowind) the ESC killing beast has been adding these to his Roxxy ESC’s for a while now since he set a few on fire. The capacitor banks tame the input spikes to the speed controllers caused from the inductance of the battery wires and mashing the throttle :sunglasses:

http://www.yge.de/wp-content/uploads/2017/05/caps9.jpg

Great article on inductance induced spikes (why or when we should use a cap bank) referencing the R in the LRK motor wind we all use in our motors now…

4 Likes

@MoeStooge, I’m going for wheelie-fun :muscle: Wish I was stateside and I could hang with you guys at “Performance Day”. I can’t wait to see video, I bet forum traffic spikes on Sunday! Anyway, thanks bro

1 Like

Loving your work!

1 Like

I just hooked up a motor mount-drive train from @benjammin… well most of it, will need a few modifications, but the bones are there, hopefully I can talk the dark master of eMTB to help with a few more bits :wink:

http://esk8content.nyc3.digitaloceanspaces.com/uploads/db2454/optimized/3X/6/f/6f8dc0979617745dc1735ab68c58910b9e95a5cc_1_666x500.JPG

6 Likes

Hey, you know this drive only fits matrix2 trucks right?

All good bro :wink: it’s a parts donor, I’m going to do something funky

1 Like

Not sure how many peeps noticed but my motor wires are on the other end of my motor from the motor shaft?

Well like a hub motor the shaft and shell all rotate together, after some research in other forums (I’ve been cheating on you eSk8 builders) I have watched some cool video on how to change my motor shaft and even how to make my own motor shafts from drill blanks and I have ordered some new HK-5035 shafts for my scorpion SII-5535 motors. Essentially it is not that hard depending on your motors construction. With a Scorpion it is easy, you just need some basic tools, loctite, maybe a dremel tool and definitely a arbor or drill press and your good to go.

Time will tell, my new shafts are in the mail :grin:

But it looks like i’ll be using a gear drive now :smiling_imp:

Letting @benjammin down on his sale was a bummer, but over a beer he took the news well :wink:

3 Likes

My @trampa just turned up in the post. Not sure exactly what I was expecting? The deck feels great in hand, and better than I thought underfoot having read that some do not get along with the convex form. I did have a pair of adi ease II on though and they have good outer edge support. All in all I’m stoked with the deck, Thanks Frank & Ted :tada:

I am a bit under-whelmed with the brakes though, not unexpected, so some work to do there to get the right feel.

I found a discontinued factory [reverse mounted scorpion motor] (http://www.scorpionsystem.com/catalog/discontinued/motor/s50_1/S_5030_220/) this morning Before I was sure I could work it out, know I know I have this in the bag… even has the circlip mount like I plan to use instead of the internal bearing shoulder/ridge.

1 Like

I flipped on my batteries, I was going to run 12s graphene, but I’ve gone for regular heavy duty Lipos at 14s for a bit more speed and the fact they come wired with 8awg from the factory. From the boards, 3D Heli guys are using a pair of these and draining them in under 4 minutes with no drama so I’m sure they will be more than enough for me.

3 Likes

just ponied up for a new icharger… I’m not going to run a BMS so… getting a cool charger instead :sunglasses:

3 Likes

Ok, now it’s getting real crazy :smiley:

1 Like

SHIT YEAH! Can’t wait to see this come together! :muscle:

1 Like

After a bit of hunting around I settled on this HV Step down adjustable switching regulator to power my receiver and ESC fans. Not a lot of options at 14s… :frowning: but this little switching regulator (converts voltage in little chunks rather than just wasting energy as heat) looks sweet :heart_eyes:

1 Like

After reading around a bit on the heli forums and what they do to maximize Tx-Rx reliability I decided to grab a bit more Scorpion swag, a: Scorpion Back Up Guard.

basically it plugs in to a the low volt Rx circuit I’ll run at 6/6.5v, and if it ever runs down to near 5v it will kick in and power my Rx & esc fans. So it helps with BEC brown outs as the heli boys call them, inductance induced BEC supply issues and BEC failure…

1 Like

I’ve been hunting around now for a while for a solid high amp connector solution, especialy for my 2 x 7s battery leads (14s) that I expect to get hit with around ~280 amps of current. 6mm xt150’s are not quite up to spec, or even the 7mm AS150’s are only rated at 200a :frowning: I see @Nowind just got rid of lots of his xt90’s on his 80mm Leo board…

So I’m going to give these a shot instead

Solid 6mm connectors from LMT rated at 400a… & when LMT say it’s good for 400a I trust them they are :laughing:

1 Like