The AVIO Urethane Gear Drive

Some more beauty shots

IMG_20190121_144033

IMG_20190121_144043

IMG_20190121_144053

Did a noise test with a Unity. Seems to purrrrrrr.

I wish I could run them with 97mm given 6355, and for weight, but clearance looks tight.

12 Likes

Wow! Looking good! Loving the red haha!

@nuttyjeff @Linny Would I be OK with 97mm or would I be better of with 100+? Im planning a short board build and really donā€™t want to be high of the groundā€¦ And, is there a kegel pully option? Maybe an stl I can print? Thanks

1 Like

Itā€™s entirely dependent on the terrain you ride on. If you ride on smooth pavements 97mm will suffice, else 107mms should work on most pavements.

Do note that the drive you received for the xmas present isnā€™t the v2 but the v1 where installation instructions will be slightly different. PM me for the instructions should you need any help.

1 Like

I see people mention kegel adapter is it something I can buy from you? Are they compatible with v1?

Itā€™s a one off adapter i made for prototyping, and is only compatible with the v2. @Jc06505n has it now haha.

2 Likes

Indeed.

7 Likes

Do you still have the single mentioned in an earlier post for sale? All I would need is the actual gearing, I have access to a machine shop for anything else.

That being said - if you donā€™t have the single for saleā€¦ I do have access to a machine shop/CNC stuff. Possibilities of you dropping the files (or at least giving them to people wanting to make one-offs on personal equipment)

Dope thread in general tho, haha

1 Like

do you ever have plans of bringing this back. The AT drive is sweet but the urethane is

a l s o s w e e t

3 Likes

Hello. Hope All is Well with you and Family. Iā€™m new to the Diy game. I stumbled on this. If still available, How can I get my hands on one or two of your GEAR DRIVES

Much Thanks.