The AVIO Urethane Gear Drive

He’s not one of us, he’s one of half. :smiley: kidding :stuck_out_tongue:

2 Likes

Sorry to derail the thread but guess where.

1 Like

The hawker centre at Gardens by the bay! And you’re the one on the left i assume?

1 Like

Almost all the my loc esk8 community would know this place. Hahha! It’s along one of our more scenic esk8 routes :smiley:

1 Like

Most preorders will be shipped tomorrow! :smiley:

IMG_20181217_001627

Happy to be done with this, so i can move on to my Avio AT Gear Drive!

8 Likes

wait, r u not selling these anymore. :persevere:

Is there a reason I never see fully steel gears on gear drives like this? It’s always either POM or a combo of steel and POM. Would steel on steel have too much friction? I wonder if it’s possible to make the gearbox completely sealed like a differential on a RWD car, and then have oil to lubricate it. Just a thought.

1 Like

Not in the near future. Sorry ):

Imho, steel gears are far too heavy and loud.

Pssst… look out for the AT one…

Yeah, that makes sense.

it would be better if they where titanium but then the price would be super high

1 Like

Aluminum would be good enough for heavy offroading.

1 Like

Is it possible to order a set of these, or has that time passed…?

1 Like

I’ve no more sets on hand, sorry you missed this ):. My intention was just to make 20 sets for this community :smiley: and I have no intention to make more in the near future. My spare time will be devoted to designing and building my AT drive for haggy trucks and wheels (:

4 Likes

Would that AT version happen to fit trampa mini spring hangers? o3o

I doubt it. Haha. It’s very specifically designed for the Haggy AT Drive. I might be able to design an adapter for itm what does it look like/do you happen to have dimensions for it?

1 Like

If the trampa mini hangar is the same dimension as the Infinity, i can pass Jeff my hangar and let him take measurements

1 Like

What type are you looking for? total length of the hanger? Or the bit where the drive would mount?

@Linny im sorry I dont know :frowning: Im new to the whole trampa enviroment… sorry to call on you, but @rich, you might know the answer :slight_smile:

1 Like

Probably best to have a .stp file of it or the real thing in my hands (:

Might want to take this convo to the Avio AT thread though.

1 Like