The AVIO Mini Remote Mod

I found the problem, I had screwed a screw into the case next to bottom left of the PCB, which held it down but interfered with the antenna. Removing that fixed the problem.

1 Like

I never had a problem with that screw, but good to know!

Yeah, it makes sense since that’s right where the antenna is, but I noticed it happened particularly when I was at an intersection. So your mileage might vary.

1 Like

Luckily that scew is optional, you can hold the PCB down by hot-gluing it to the side of the enclosure walls!

1 Like

Printed in CF fliament, turned out awesome, thank you so much for designing this.

I keep breaking remotes. I’ve broken an alien, a photon, and another, so i need some cheapies. I loved the alien remote, but that thing had a power switch which broke quickly. stupid thing.

2 Likes

Post pics! Haha!

1 Like

I printed the longer version, since my board will murder you. (13S Dual Alien 80MM, Direct Drive)

CFRemote CFRemote1

4 Likes

Sweet!

10char.

Commissioned another remote for a fellow forum member! :smiley:

He opted for the mini version :stuck_out_tongue:

IMG_20190125_204509

IMG_20190125_204524

5 Likes

Hi, I really like the Avio mini version, for the form factor. My only concern is about the handling space. Do you feel the remote secure in your hand while using it? I ma afraid that my last finger won’t fit on the remote handle because the trigger needs to go all the way down towards the remote body. Do you have some picture showing it in your hand?

Thanks a lot!

1 Like

There’s a pic in the first post.

I designed the mini (shorter) version for people who use a “claw grip”? like me. I hold the remote with just 4 fingers - my middle and ring finger lightly presses the remote against my palm.

The longer version was released after i received several PMs asking for a longer form factor, and also partly due to me realizing that not everyone has the same grip stype that I do. (:

2 Likes

The long version is super nice too, but the small one is the best. I will print it and see how it feels in my hands. Thanks man! I like a lot what you are doing, gear drive included! :wink:

1 Like

Thanks! Yeah just print it out to try, doesn’t cost much! Let me know if you have any feedback and i’ll take note of it for future iterations!

1 Like

Sure, I will print both and let you know

1 Like

Mini remote ordered ! I need this for my GF setup :blush: Thx mate, this is awesome :v:

1 Like

Sweet! Which one are you planning on making? Short or long?

1 Like

Short one I guess, for her tiny hand ^^

Hey hey Jeff, I love the mini mod you sent me in red and have been using it all of the time. I wanted to see if you could also send me a print out of the longer version cause I would like to have both and have big hands so need more to grab on to when riding certain days.

Let me know when you can and greatly appreciate it.

Directions were great BTW, I am not very DIY and just taught myself to solder in December and did just fine following the step by step guide. Was fun to do as well for my first little build.

Thanks again and LMK on a longer 3d print you can send me.

TGIF!

2 Likes

Let me know how it turns out! (:

Hint: Paint it red.

1 Like

Awesome, exactly what I made this mod for! Would appreciate some pics too hehe.

PM me about the longer print and we can work sth out! :smile: do note that the remote I sent you was printed in SLA and was a one-off thing haha. It was a print from a 3d printing company.

But if anyone else is interested, I can have some remotes printed in SLA, painted and sent to you too! (:

2 Likes