The AVIO Mini Remote Mod

Not exactly the same but something with a sleeker design, I’ve been waiting for a mini remote mod for ages and I’m really glad you came with the first mod though.

1 Like

@Eboosted

Thought this was slim enough ><"

A few coats of fluorescent green and clear. Now to wait for parts for the remote and accessories.

Oh and to paint Jeff’s remote as well

20181104_173838

4 Likes

I guess the answer is no he won’t.

I like this simple shape – it looks like snag-free going in and out of the pockets. Well except for the trigger.

Hi @nuttyjeff,

Could you please add a lanyard hole at the bottom corner closest to the micro USB port?

I think it may help if we ever get into an accident.

Cheers, Patrick

There’s a U profile under the remote for a lanyard strap here

20181105_111631

2 Likes

perfect. I didn’t look that closely at the 3D files yet. Looks like I should have before commenting!

@nuttyjeff knows exactly what’s going on!

3 Likes

Haha, I use a wrist strap myself, wouldnt design a remote without it. (:

2 Likes

I can’t wait to try this out!

1 Like

Just a small addition to the thread…

I’m modding my mini at the mo and have found 2 versions of the charge board. TP4056 & TP4056A. The A version has over discharge protection…

2 Likes

Ah! this is helpful. Do you happen to have the length of the TP4056A?

Yup.

1 Like

The usb sticks out another 1.1mm on top of that…

edit: nvm, you answered it :smiley:

Read your mind there!

1 Like

oh wait, nevermind, it’ll be a perfect fit with the current version. No modification required. Thanks so much for this information :smiley:

Edit: i’ve been using the TP4055A all along. Haha. That explains alot :stuck_out_tongue:

2 Likes

Hi @nuttyjeff

Any chance you could implement this to check voltage?

https://www.aliexpress.com/item/18650-Lithium-Battery-Battery-Capacity-Indicator-Percent-Level-Tester-Smart-power-display-board-For-1pcs-18650/32792529526.html?spm=a2g0s.9042311.0.0.27424c4dTx9Dwz

Cool, this is definitely something i’d implement in the future (:

If you have the dimensions of it, or a CAD link, i’ll gladly add it in to the CAD model now.

Thanks for the link!

So… if you are able to print in slightly transparent materials, you get a really cool effect when charging it. Hahah.

This remote was printed white with SLA

IMG_20181116_201944

3 Likes