The Anubis | Laying It Down Low | Hummies V4 Hub Motor Drivetrain | 30Q 18650 10s4p | Dual Focboxes in FOC | eBoosted Custom Vanguard Enclosure | Arduino Firefly Remote |

why the hell would you want to do that :rofl:

1 Like

For science!

Because Hummies are 83mm I believe but I want big wheels :frowning: . I suppose I could ask for 80KV and just get 83mm black wheels (if i can find them in a soft Duro). Should provide me with decent Tourque with a great top speed.

1 Like

Sees @trampa 83mm 76a Black Stickies Wheels

Sees Shipping Prices

nopes the fuckout

Goes to ebay and every online e-boarding group looking for third party sales.

The UNiK Switchblade Cable Risers came :grinning:!

Oh how the Gods test me…

FUCK

4 Likes

Solder time :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

Dub :smiley:.

Will edit later for spelling, grammar, names, and pictures but for now:

Update: Got a few things rolling along:

• Contacted Paris Trucks and was able to order 195mm Trucks with Gold Components. Have them almost en route to Hummies to use for my motors.

Edit: The sent regular trucks with gold components. Maybe for the best since I didn’t realize that the Paris Trucks have custom axels for hummies.

• Ordered some Neoprene for padding and to place between the enclosures components and deck. Do you guys recommend making small holes or a cut out for the VESC for heat purposes :thinking:? Ganna have to get another Exacto knife.

• Also ordered a Gold and white Tile Pro for shits and giggles, I was under the assumption that they had an abrasive back to stick in surfaces (have no idea why. Have to find a comfortable place to put them in one of the enclosures. Don’t want them somehow messing anything up by ratting all free everywhere.

• Just got a tracking number from CustomSkateboards, Way faster than last time and the estimated production time. A really good reliable source for decks in times when Chinese Manufactures shut down. Going to try to reroute the package to @treenutter if possible. Please don’t let me down UPS.

• Just got the 97mm 78a Black Wheels from @JLabs . When I first got my Meepo It has a smell I couldn’t identify. With these wheels, I realized It was the smell of Polyurethane. They bounce nice but I’m not an expert so I can’t really judge them. I’ll be using these wheels in the event that @Hummie ever release a 97mm PU.

• I’ll have to find someone in NYC who’ll be able to solder on 5.5mm Bullet Plugs onto the UNiK cable riser wires.

943cda9607e522178e15ae7ee1253241de1b3d8b_1_375x500

• In the meantime I’ll be trying to design some Aluminium metal plates for the vanguard enclosures to act as washers. Going to be a real pain in the ass.

• One of the focal points of this build is semi- modularity. The ability to change drive trains is what I want to achieve in the end game. Following @Deckoz design choice with the gasket holes VESC Enclosure, swapping drivetrains should be just unscrewing trucks, unplugging Wires, screwing back in, plugging back in, and Configurement detection/setup.

Edit: It seems that’s totally possible with the perimetr app! Even wireless detection could be done!

• Would I have to plug my Focboxes in to configure every time I swap drive trains or could I use one of the mobile VESC Bluetooth applications modes feature to achieve the same effect? I’m thinking one mode, in say the METR counterpart app, would be for Hummies Hub Drives while another mode would be for Belt Drive. Can anyone please critique this idea and tell me if it’s possible or the probably faults?

• Lastly: What is the ultimate Belt Drive set up? (Not talking in terms of batteries or board and what not, but only drivetrain and components)

Edit: The answer for the Anubis ? 6374 190 KV Dark Matter 2:1 Gear Ratio. While I might be running 83mm wheels, I can always upgrade in the future!

TL;DR: Got a sum of materials (Neoprene, Tile Tracker), with a few Enroute for adjusting ( Custom Paris Trucks, Deck) and need Idea critiquing and a question of the ultimate belt drive component.

Edit: Grammar & Spelling

2 Likes

You would need to plug in to do motor detection.

1 Like

After a few mins of poking and asking It seems Perimetr allows for Wireless Motor Detection

@scepterr is in NYC :wink:

3 Likes

Oh trust me , my man waaaaaay ahead of you :wink:.

2 Likes

Update:

Still have to polish that last update up but:

Contacted @scepterr to see if I could commission him to build a Belt Drive Train for the Anubis. He said yes :smiley: . The belt drive is going to be using a 218mm Tourqueboard Caliber Clone with a Caliber II Baseplate. I’ll also be swapping out the pivot cup for WFB 96a Pivot Cups the bushings for KranK Canons 84a and KranK Magnums 84a that were recommended from @Alphamail. (Thank you man!)

http://www.riptidesports.com/wfb-96a-pivot-cup-choices/

Since one of the goals for the Anubis was semi-modularity, my goal is to switch only the rear trucks (which I’ll refer to as Drive Train Trucks) and leaving the front 195mm Paris V2 trucks on. That means that if I’m going to run Belt Drive, I’ll have two different types of kingpin 50-degree trucks on one board. What can go wrong? :smiley:

In terms of motors, the belt drive will be using Dual 6374 190 KV Dark Matter Motors. Due to the wheels I’m using being 83mm ( because the front trucks and Hummies PU are 83mm), the belt will run in a 15-30 configuration as an attempt to lessen the torque and have more control running 83mm. The wheel pulleys and motor mounts will be from @marcmt88.

http://www.electric-skateboard.builders/t/limited-edition-6374-190kv-sensored-dark-matter-motor-for-sale/44200

Sent my Focboxes to LHB and I received them a few days ago, he put some 5.5mm bullets as well as soldered on Canbus cables between the VESC’s.

Also ordered some Rubber Gaskets from @Eboosted cause I’m a lazy bastard. Once this snowstorm clears up I’ll be able to go to work where I can cut some adhesive Neoprene foam for enclosure padding!

0597f95c720a6d27d41e8f17ea18623f9c7f85bf_1_281x500

**Update Edit: **

Bearings came !

4 Likes

Oh, I think you guys are going to like this.:

Before:

After:

All done by @treenutter

The deck came uncoated (as intended) with one end a bit nudged up as you guys can see here:

Treenutter being the G that he is fixed that right up and even countersunk the truck mounting holes.

He

Sanded w 150 then 220. Rounded over that dinged point we a bladder sanded then polished it. Countersunk the holes. Wiped clean to pre-raise the grain. Then a sand w 400 to prep for coloring.

After staining, he let it dry overnight.

It dried nicely! At this point, the stain is fragile so I wear gloves while handling it. Any moisture or oil will ruin the coloring.The next step will be to start laying down clear coats. It looks very matte now, but it will darken and have more of a gloss once I spray it… Blackout [black] takes extra care to blend the edges the top and bottom. End -grain absorbs more color so I have to prime (by sanding edges at s higher grit) to get it as even as even as possible. Painting these with spraypaint would make it a lot easier but then you don’t get to see the wood patterns. Staining is one of the ways I differentiate myself from factory decks and large manufacturers

And that’s not even half of what treenutter can do. If you’re looking for a killer deck that’s designed and created carefully,l and beautifully I really recommend checking out treenutters decks!

9 Likes

Beautiful deck man! I haven’t seen anything like this before, I wonder if it has an aggressive concave.

Try to increase the wheelbase as much as you can, it always looks better

2 Likes

Thanks man , it’s really all of @treenutter’s work that’s making it so beautiful. It looks like he’s almost close to finishing up the deck so you’ll see the finish version soon.

I was thinking of giving the Encolsures I got from you the same treatment but decided against it as I’m a lazy bum :smiley:. In all seriousness I’ll have to see first before doing anything. I ordered some Gold Hardeware from @Money, just waiting on restock. Planning on dying some ABEC Centrax Wheels Black with gold nuts on the axels.

In terms on concave it has a taco concave, with th rubber gasket and neoprene, your enclosure fits perfectly on it here’s how your Encolsures fits on the same kind of deck:

Do you think the wheel base is too short?

2 Likes

Also a little Drive Train Comparison between the Anubis on Hummies and the Anubis on Dark Matter:

Hummies:

Dark Matter:

Nearly identical specs with Belts pulling in more top speed. Still tying to see if swappability is worth it. If not I might put the Dark Matter on another build.

Got some rubber gaskets, Velcro, and waterproof switch covers from Eskating.eu:

Got a bunch Incase if any future builds. He Velcro should help secure some electronics to the enclosure. Hopefully Psychotiller finds use for them in terms of securing the battery to the enclosure when I send everthing his way.

1 Like

** Late April Update: **

Not much in terms of update except this glorious paint job by @treenutter

5 Likes

Been a while since I touched the project…

Laid down enclosures down to see how they’ll look in the Anubis. The trucks will be used on the Jet Spud Build , but I like the stealthy look of it.

6 Likes

Been another while , but things are finally in semi progress,

Sent off 2 Focboxes , the Deck , the Encolsures , and the screws off to @psychotiller for routing, drilling, and installment. Should arrive around Tuesday:

And it’s about time. The decks been sitting around collecting dust and playing dress up for months now

imageimageimage

Also took some comparison shots between EBoosted’s Vanguard Enclosure & Boosted’s

imageimageimage

4 Likes