Tha Crumb | Earthwing NLS Deck | Caliber/Indy Trucks | SK3 6374 Single Motor | Custom Mount | 10S4P | FOCBOX

I cannot recommend any motors from experience, just know I’ve had bad experience with the torqueboards motors. I’m sorry man!!

Torqueboards are some of the best motors you can get right now, and their customer service is pretty good so if something breaks that is not supposed to, they will most likely replace it.

https://www.youtube.com/user/OtherPlanetSkate

I mean their video series. The last was uploaded 6 years ago.

I could imagine that their trucks could work nicely with hub motors or maybe direct drives.

Thank you for the feedback. I’m actively deciding which motor to use.

Anyone have direct experience with the sk3 motor?

I went ahead and purchased the sk3 motor and (20) 1s 5000mAH lipo’s…

85$ for the motor and 150$ for the batteries. The batteries are only 1cm thick…

My next pack will probably be li-ion after I do a ton of research and testing on contruction methods. If I want to upgrade the lipos I will relegate them to replacing the lead acid batteries in the kids razor motorcycles.

I have a few more items to purchase and more fabrication. I need to make an enclosure.

I am going to look at a remote next. I think I am going for the bench wheel. Any other recommendations? I wouldn’t be opposed to making one with an arduino or pi or whatever

1 Like

Theres a group buy of the Hoyt remotes going on right now… they are pretty much the best

1 Like

Plus 1 on EB’s statement on Hoyt remotes. They’re legit otherwise my exertion remote has been great. Torqueboards remotes break really easily and the casings are super cheaply made. On motors I have nothing positive to say about torqueboards anymore. Seen too many people locally having trouble with their motors as well as my own experience. Magnet retainer rings come loose often which causes magnets to come un-adhered and motors to lock up. I had it happen to my first TB 6374 and then on the replacement they sent me. Then I bought one more and it’s starting to show signs of failure. My roommate had his retainer ring come loose from his motor that looks and is almost brand new. His build has been finished for just a couple weeks. TB would not cover it because the purchase date was a while back but there are several reputable memebers of this forum who are local to us and know for fact the motor was not run until very recently. I built a dual drive TB 6355 board for my father and one of the motors has a click that I cannot track down and one of them has a sensor board or wire that is bad. I’ve lost hope for those motors. Now, I cannot say that I’ve had better luck with any others but I can assure you I’ve had a bad fuckin time with TB lol. Don’t get me started on their vesc’s… LOL. Bkb stuff seems to be pretty nice. I think that’s the direction I’m going next! Sorry for rant. I just feel as though people should know what they are getting into.

1 Like

Thanks a lot. I a going to check out the hoyt.

Also I am changing directions on the deck. Going to leave my NLS intact.

Couldn’t help myself with this superglider.

https://www.sickboards.nl/7102-thickbox_default/earthwing-carbon-superglider-ltd.jpg

3 Likes

I’m not sure how I would like the puck remote design. I think I would need to try it out.

The hoyt motor mount looks really nice

2 Likes

I agree, I felt the same way. Then I tried one, and I understood. Its amazing! I have a Maytech, and its ergonomic, but it has cutouts. The hoyt remote is crazy reliable. @Sender give this man some knowledge

1 Like

@MD84 check it out:

https://www.electric-skateboard.builders/t/hoyt-puck-remote-group-buy/70979?u=sender

Group buy is ending soon!

2 Likes

How big is this thing? It looks very well made…when is the delivery?

2 Likes

It fits the hand great! And for a wide variety of hand sizes (can’t be said for nano x for damn sure). Ship time is approximately 2 weeks from order.

2 Likes

Thank you, I am going to check out the website

2 Likes

That carbon superglider is fuuuuuckin legit!

2 Likes

Board of legend!

Coming from Netherlands’s. …

2 Likes

Hell yeah!

1 Like

Dude I’m loving this fuckin build! You’ve got good taste in parts and you’re not afraid to try untested parts! I respect that!

2 Likes

Are you able to get a hold of that deck? I know it’s hard to come by now as they don’t make them anymore.

1 Like

2 Likes