[Text Responses] No words…just pictures delete words!

Ok thanks for info.

@brenternet did u buy them directly through forum or on his ebay shop?

Also how much for a pair or it was a limited run of mounts?

1 Like

I’m in the UK and could not find them on ebay due to some regional nonsense. I bought them direct through the forum for ebay price. Check the thread for them. I believe there is an ebay link for every region now.

Quick edit. @dickyho shipped these to me within 15 minutes of receiving payment and his communication has been excellent

2 Likes
1 Like

https://www.electric-skateboard.builders/t/no-words-just-pictures-delete-words-use-pm/2992/6391?u=grozniy

Awesome. You did that @moon?

2 Likes

Yes, quick cheap prototype that was made in China, 2 day processing time. It is ready to ship, going to ship it to Flipsky so they can combine the ESCs and the carbon fiber plate

Its for the gear drive I am working on with @uigiroux

WeChat%2022211

In the future it will be made out of aluminium since apparently CF will hasten the corrosion of the aluminium due to galvanic corrosion.

17 Likes

Awesome @moon

1 Like

Beautifull R&D ! The render is gorgeous in real :stuck_out_tongue: the 3d view too !

3 Likes

I think that you would get rid of the corrosion problems with a thicc anodization layer.

Looks sexy on CF!

1 Like

Maybe but over time the gears will wear it down.

Correct me if I am wrong but enertion used carbon fiber plates and nothing went wrong

Yes it’s nice and it’s not even glossy carbon at the moment

Just make everything from CF :slight_smile:

The large circular slots around the larger hole are for mounting this thing to the truck?

I am not going to claim that the ammount of CF is too little around that area, since im not verifying this with calculations, which I hope you guys did, but was such a large adjustment angle really needed? If these slots really are for mounting to the truck

Yep they look a little thin there, could be the angle of the picture. Wont know until I get them

I was planning on making present angles on each side so the user doesn’t have to tinker much

Trampa uses CF and alu on his mounts, and Jens also used CF cover plates on earlier versions of his gear drive.

1 Like

Oh ok good to know thanks

If theres heat issues aluminum might be the better choice

The Enertion motor mount plate is CF I’ve used them for years on several set ups and they work great never had a problem with them infact they are on a 12s board I have right now.

1 Like

Good news. But the middle gear could generate a little heat.

Also aluminium could cool down the motors a little :slight_smile:

@janpom IMG_20180810_182803 Can u share a bit more info what sort of screen it is (concerning all functions) and what connectivity does it have (vesc, bms, just balance cables) ?

@Okami: The plan is to make a very simple battery monitor for individual cells with uncluttered graphics.

It’s meant to be something like this, but:

• it will support 12s
  • it will have a better display where you can see all useful info on one screen
  • it will give you the “percent left”
  • it will hopefully be more accurate

It will report the strongest and the weakest cell as well as the avg voltage across all cells. IMO that’s the main thing you want to know when checking that your cells are not getting out of balance and/or that your weakest cell voltage isn’t below the safe value. You don’t really need (or even want) to see all 12 voltage values. So I came up with this display layout that should make it possible to keep an eye on the cells even while riding (the different lengths of the bars are easy to see even from distance though the display is really tiny).

I’ll create a separate thread with details later when it’s finished. Don’t expect anything fancy. This is a learning project for me more than anything else. I’m pretty new to electronics and I imagine that people here will find my design rather naive. I’m sure I’ll get a ton of helpful feedback though, which I’m looking forward to. The design and code will be open source.

13 Likes

@janpom Well I hope it works out for you. It does look rather nice. I wish i had time and ability to do something similar.

Ive tried 2 types of cheapo cell meters. Both of them had flaws, like discharged cells and background light dimming with use.

Havent tried the isdt brand discharger / meter yet, these seem to be only viable ones, though price might be a bit discouraging at first.

@sk8l8r I guess @Kug3lis is anodizing and lasering these? They look good!

b72da9ef0b19a088f412587a74ebb88f080504f7_1_413x500

5 Likes

yes its so crisp!

image image

13 Likes