[Text Responses] No words…just pictures delete words!

Torqueboards 50mm mounts but mounting 6355 motors… haha! I use the shorter mount because these are running geared drives (own design).

2 Likes

https://www.electric-skateboard.builders/t/no-words-just-pictures-delete-words-use-pm/2992/6947?u=grozniy

You’ll finally start building :smiley:

2 Likes

I wouldn’t get to excited.

I have always wanted to have a sealed belt drive, but that requires me to make my own expensive motor mounts. I was wondering if you got around that.

why is that?

Yeah, the only thing that’s held me up was waiting for all the perfect parts I wanted to be released… Must mean I just don’t know anything about Esk8, lol :wink:

Brass knuckles I heard helps build esk8 boards faster😂

4 Likes

Haha I was wondering if anyone would notice! Lol, it made me laser focused… :wink:

3 Likes

Those, are some nice big ass motors .

Thanks! And they came in silver for a change. These are like v2 of the 6380’s, they’re semi sealed. Very beefy! I have 3 Hummie decks to use… Wonder which one I should go with haha…

2 Likes

Yes I love the look of these motors. Have not seen them before.

Torque Boards just came out with them for their 6380’s. Super legit motors can’t wait to try em out!

Well yes and no… The mounts are indeed off the shelf but they aren’t exactly cheap either. Also the gears at that size when printed professionally cost a bit too…

https://www.electric-skateboard.builders/t/no-words-just-pictures-delete-words-use-pm/2992/6964?u=skatardude10

The white stuff on the wheel gear is Teflon. Both gears are heavily dry-lubed.

Today I took the PETG motor gear on PETG wheel gear out for some torture testing… paths with small sized gravel bits, soft and hard pack sand paths, soft and hard pack dirt paths, paths with medium to large size gravel chunks, short grass, tall grass, through tons of twigs, etc… I’ve not ridden my board this hard or taken it that much off-road ever. I always get little pebbles stuck in my belts or wedged in the pulley teeth after maybe 30 seconds anywhere offroad, but the gears held up great after a lot longer than 30 seconds. I also tried stopping and accelerating at a range of speeds as hard as I could.

I would say, besides the thing being extremely dirty, it held up structurally better than I expected. It was printed with 6 walls and 100% infill. Despite hearing what sounded like cracking maybe twice, I can’t see any structural integrity issues and I am guessing it was probably the set screws / insert hex nuts re-positioning against the plastic inside the pulley under heavy torque loads.

Regardless, the PETG on PETG gears were LOUD, despite trying a range of backlash from tight to loose. So, I’ve re-printed the motor gears in nylon, and heavily teflon lubed both the motor and wheel pulleys. Now, its not very loud… at least not obnoxious- i’d say it’s on par with other gear drives i’ve heard at this point, and the free-roll is GREAT! I was able to take the nylon on PETG gears out tonight and I can’t see any negatives… the thing works great from what I can tell, sounds great, feels great, doesn’t skip… and I trust the nylon will hold up as nylon has never failed me on anything, I beefed up the gear a bit to 26mm width, and added a tooth reinforcement ring on one side (so I can still slide the wheel on and off opposite to the reinforcement).

Once the other tire/motors gears get setup (right now I am running one side belted and one side geared), I will have a total of 52mm in length of gear tooth in contact at any one time… should gears be this wide? I don’t know, but I am assuming it’s going to hold up just fine in the long run.

Also, this is my first time riding geared… OMG! The feeling of instantaneous skip-free high torque transfer is INSANE… combined with an increase in gear ratio from my belt setup, it just feels supernatural being able to just stand on my board… hit the throttle and literally spin out the pneumatic tires under my feet on smooth concrete (or anywhere for that matter… watching dirt spit out 5 feet behind me… creaaaammmmms pants)… I am in love I tell you.

Oh, and I don’t have $1K to spend on proper gear setups so, for $10 or so in materials/electricity this is for sure the next best thing.

11 Likes

This one :wink:

1 Like

https://www.electric-skateboard.builders/t/no-words-just-pictures-delete-words-use-pm/2992/6974?u=andy87

How to find a battery tray that fits for this boards??? :joy::see_no_evil::joy:

samsung-30q-18650-battery

5 Likes

But only if you make a flex pack :point_up:

Sounds great…

i wonder what has stopped others from doing the same… do u have much higher tier printer and others just cant print nylon/ petg as well?

Anyways nice job… durability test would probably be the ultimate test but maybe it is possible to get motor gear out of metal, if that is the case at all

https://www.electric-skateboard.builders/t/no-words-just-pictures-delete-words-use-pm/2992/6979?u=towercrisis

Oh boy… How’d that happen?

3 Likes