[Text Responses] No words…just pictures delete words!

I’m interested in 24 pcs if anyone is having them made.

What P group? - Not making them btw, well not right now

https://www.electric-skateboard.builders/t/no-words-just-pictures-delete-words-use-pm/2992/6250?u=moon

@catweazle

1 Like

These is for the series connections. I have a 10s5p battery, wich means i can draw 75amp from the battery. I know this is burst, but 20a seems way to little.

I do not think you can use @Kug3lis pcbs because they are only for 8s (8 Balance wires / 8 cells). Please correct me if i am wrong

1 Like

It’s for 8S in a column, you can have 2 x 8 rows of those pcbs and you will have 16s :wink: More than enough I guess. I didn’t wanted people to run cable in between columns. So you run 6 rows in 1 column and then connect two 6s to one 12s balance connector :slight_smile:

1 Like

And what about the high current? E. G. 6s4p 30q = 80a But it is only Rated for 20a?!

As I mentioned in the build thread, the pad on pcb is not made for current transfer is securing point, you solder your nickel to it, and then on top of nickel you solder wire.

5p pls.

10 char

I made some of these months ago before I had seen anyone posting or sharing the files for the designs they had created. I then shared the design with the forum with the idea that people could modify or create there own designs for there own boards and share it with everyone. Building up a catalogue of different options for people to be inspired by and improve on further or find something already designed that fit what they wanted.

but hardly anyone looked at it or showed much interest at all.

2 Likes

Honestly, credit where credit is due on this PCB suff.

Last summer I was in NYC for MakerFaire and had my esk8squad shirt on. Ran into @JohnnyMeduse and @Blasto and then met up with the NYC crew after, including @kaly and @mikenyc . Had an amazing ride and stopped off at a bar to talk all things esk8. Talked about the battery PCB idea over whiskey and how to wire it up with cell level fusing, etc.

Props to @Blasto for the original idea! I need to update the github readme to reflect the inspiration.

5 Likes

@Blasto was kind enough to set me up with PCBWay so that I could use them in my builds. Thanks man!

1 Like

Ive been using allpcb.com

Quick turnaround, but you have to find the sweet spot in terms of qty and shipping.

1 Like

This is the only design that got me interested. Simple, black and gold with esk8 squad. This is awesome. Thank you. Don’t need the balance leads on this. Didn’t even consider the other ones.

@DilatedPupils

I had some 2oz 5p made up a while ago, but only have 6 left.

MCRN themed from The Expanse.

10 Likes

I love the Expanse. Awesome show.

3 Likes

Man that is internal jewelry :gem::crown::gem: Great Work

1 Like

Thanks for the shoutout guys, i’ll probably make the trip to nyc in september. Plenty of new goodies

2 Likes

https://www.electric-skateboard.builders/t/no-words-just-pictures-delete-words-use-pm/2992/6266?u=sender

@XvDarkVAngelvX What happened?!?

2 Likes

@Sender My Hybrid build caught on fire. it was a balance connector on one of the batteries. One of them wouldn’t charge yesterday. So I ordered a new battery to take it’s place. I felt it getting warm, that was when I should have taken it out. I didn’t take heed. Actually the board was inside. I had a fire extinguisher. I was over looking it while eating lunch, and it exploded right in front of me. It was like it came alive. It shot flames like a breathing dragon. scared the shit out of me. I’m glad I was there. The only thing that got damaged was the batteries and the board. Everything else survived

12 Likes