[Text Responses] No words…just pictures delete words!

+1

@PatRocks, did you use this method?

Or is there a simpler way? (for high voltage)

5 Likes

Yeah, I would love to see how you did it. Too cool! @PatRocks

1 Like

i would not ride that. i wouldn’t even stand on it. id just hang it on the wall as art.

4 Likes

Thats what I was thinking!

Makes me want to get a cheap generic blank and try this for a wall piece in my build area. In fact, I think I will, as soon as @PatRocks tells me how!

2 Likes

theres a youtube on it out there somewhere

3 Likes

Just get an old skate deck for free from someone uhu

2 Likes

You can use a microwave transformer, that is what I did. You have to wet the wood with some baking soda+water solution to conduct the electricity. You could try and spread the solution in the in the approximate shape you want the electricity to travel and put the electrodes a each ends. I don’t know how @patrocks did it but you probably have to sand the deck bare.

2 Likes

thanks for the feedback Tamatoa :wink: haha I just have to find a used microwave as cheap as possible ^^

2 Likes

Even a broken one, chances are the transformer still works. This is what I use, one cable is missing tho. I read that you can have better details with a neon sign transformer Edit: found the microwave on the street

2 Likes

Awesome tips :smiley: Thanks mate !

1 Like

I used a microwave out of the trash for mine too. Works great. 15442928507123194768241813475945

5 Likes

Heard it’s real easy to electrocute yourself doing this stuff. Is it?

2 Likes

Thanks for the feedback guys!! A buddy of mine has a machine specifically for this purpose. WWWAAYYY safer than the microwave transformer, still with a solid chance of shock. Check this out: 20181208_103335

6 Likes

My friend’s insta:https://instagram.com/lucakong?utm_source=ig_profile_share&igshid=1ul9ua2jxfguo

4 Likes

Yes it is a bit dangerous as you have one electrode in each hand unless you use nails and clamp connectors like I do. I usually connect everything and than flip a switch from far away. I think it is in the tens ont thousand of volts or something like that.

2 Likes

Here’s a fruit tray/bowl not sure how to call that I made with glow in the dark dye in epoxy resin not that nice but just for illustration. image

6 Likes

yes, I believe that’s accurate. The machine my friend Jed uses runs around 2K volts iirc. the microwave transformers method is brutal comparatively. The only thing that would concern me about that method (besides the elevated danger) is compromising the integrity of the deck. The transformers burn SO deep, so quickly, that I wonder how long you can burn before you end up with just a piece of art. @sender to answer your question: LIGHTNING BOLTS!!! Edit: @Tamatoa That looks rad! I had considered doing something similar in my build, but I figured that my burn channels were so shallow that it would be a pain in the ass and I’d just end up with glowing smudges all over my deck. lol. Nice work!!

2 Likes

Funny thing is that I let it burn for quite a while and was surprised that the breaker did not flip :sweat_smile:.

I wanted the channels to be deep enough for the dye to be visible so there was a lot of charcoal like areas I had to use metallic brush to clean it.

1 Like

Yep, the cleaning part is critical according to Jed. If not done properly, the ash will stain the wood and leave it all smudged and shitty looking.

3 Likes

Thats my trampa, I ride my it to the university almost every day (about a 12km ride)

1 Like