[Text Responses] No words…just pictures delete words!

Seriously though, You could do a 3d print, relief style and put it on the mold for your enclosures. That would be cool.

4 Likes

NOOO! HE SAYS ACCEPT NO IMPOSTERS!

4 Likes

What enclosure?!? BAHAAAHAAAHAA

Amirite @chaka?!

2 Likes

Yeah, didn’t think about that :grinning:

2 Likes

https://www.electric-skateboard.builders/t/no-words-just-pictures-delete-words-use-pm/2992/8305?u=chaka

:face_with_raised_eyebrow::rofl:

2 Likes

Why does Neo look like Ben Stiller in Zoolander in this picture?

Busting out “Blue Steel”

2 Likes

Lol, that’s my dumassery for the week. I got excited, been printing a lot this and thought I’d print out the alien and blah blah :grinning:

1 Like

One of my dirty little secrets is I have never built a board with an enclosure. Shameful!

5 Likes

That is shameful. You should send me a motor mount for penance… Lol

2 Likes

Thats crazy talk. Jumped into the built-in at the damn beginning! Nuts!

1 Like

Seemed like the logical thing to do. My first board was designed so that you fit lipos into the deck like shotgun shells and it had a small opening mid deck for an ezrun ESC.

https://www.electric-skateboard.builders/t/no-words-just-pictures-delete-words-use-pm/2992/39?u=chaka

3 Likes

Dammmmmn. That’s sexy :grinning:

1 Like

Thats just showing off. My first build had no enclosure either. I just screwed that shit straight on the deck with velcro strapping and double sided tape. Great big fiik deck and 6s through a mamba running a 300kv ali special. Yours looks a bit better to be honest lol

5 Likes

@PatRocks dang! did you crash or just a really big bump. I have only seen drop through decks crack here before, never a top mount.

2 Likes

Jet Invasion Voyager-X

1 Like

No injuries, thanks for asking! Being dumb, remote sent the beast full throttle into a garage door at a 30° angle. Front wheel took nearly all the impact, launched it in the air and flipped on its back. Despite the loss of a deck, it was a valuable lesson. Like a gun-safety lesson where no one gets hurt. And kinda cool to see.

I actually rode 4 or 5 times afterwards but couldn’t figure out the creaking noises. Lol, glad I didn’t get hurt doing that!! Total freebie

@Namasaki thanks for that deck! It served me very well

4 Likes

Glad it didn’t get to the batteries.

Seriously!had the deck actually failed at speed subsequently to the event, the pavement would have. Then I’d probably be injured and facing a lithum fire

2 Likes

trying. The weather just got nice here as well. I’m in Melbourne, Australia. All the group rides i can actually attend due to some work holidays coming up have started and now I can’t go.

hope you heal quick as well.

I’m working on putting some pneumatics on a board to reduce the impact of cracks and may buy some 97 or 110mm wheels (83mm is too small it seems but I love being lower to the ground). just can’t really work on the board with one hand. so can’t ride and can’t build. I’m losing it.