[Text Responses] No words…just pictures delete words!

shame

2 Likes

Is there more pictures?

Surfrodz is probably the next think I buy but I don’t know what to get

Im loving my TKP. But im yet to ride my RKP… The fall sale is great right now if you’re going 6355. You’ll need the 200mm hanger to go bigger.

2 Likes

Yeah the hangers on sickboards.nl (200mm) are $40 which is crazy

1 Like

Its not cheap from SR as well.

1 Like

https://www.electric-skateboard.builders/t/no-words-just-pictures-delete-words-use-pm/2992/7266?u=b264

@murloc992 What wheels are those?

1 Like

https://www.electric-skateboard.builders/t/no-words-just-pictures-delete-words-use-pm/2992/7303?u=lrdesigns

Is this for reals or just a joke? Going to need some mesh covers on those, will not take rocks well. :crazy_face:

1 Like

It’s for reals, it’s from a guy I know from China. The motors/turbines cost like $150 each and he makes basically bajaboards

2 Likes

How much for ir

What are thoooooooooooose! :joy:

They are just 120mm (~5 inch) 3D printed wheels I have designed… :smiley: 3 part wheels, rim is made out of PETG and the “tire” is made of TPU(ThermoPlastic Urethane). So far they have survived 200+ KM with no issues. I am bad at tire design tho, but hey, at least I can ride on grass and some gravel/dirt… xD

4 Likes

For what? ?

Keep in mind that these are first impressions. I tossed on a half helmet and took it for a spin around the neighborhood for 30 minutes. Not even gloves - stupid. Anyway, the board itself feels great - completely locked-in with some flex for my fat ass.

First issue - I thought the board would be stiffer, a lot stiffer. @treenutter how hard would it be to add an extra ply or two to a 44? I’m fat (working on it), and wasn’t anticipating the flex. I bet I would flex a 44 like a CHAMP. It’s not a complaint - I like the flex, makes the board super comfy to ride. But too much flex might be a problem.

Every time I twitch the enclosure creaks, LOUDLY.

SUPER.

ANNOYING.

Honestly that’s my only complaint. Went and installed a foam gasket onto the bottom of the board. Hopefully this simple fix will eliminate the nearly constant creaking. I won’t know until next week as the board is packed for Vegas.

Trucks are fun. The board is more maneuverable and responsive than I’m used to. I need to deaden the rear a little more and tighten up the bushings on the front. Riptide Krank FTW! Shoutout to @Alphamail! I might machine some aluminum washers to apply a more even force on the bushings instead of a hex-head bolt.

Need to cut a set of braces for the deck, and I also have to make a set of rubber risers for the adjustable TKP. Got my hands on some 40A rubber - nice and soft. I have a little bit of time, but I have some jobs that need to get done as well.

Added some lucid grip to the deck. Really like it. I wish the frit was black, but maybe the next coat. Shit wears off pretty quickly, but maybe it’s just me.

Drive train feels solid. @Jlabs modular pulleys are the best I’ve ever used. Worth every penny. They seem to be purpose-built for Surf Rodz. Can’t see myself using anything else from this point forward. Need to grab some 40T and 36T pulleys for science.

The @torqueboards 6380’s are so sweet I don’t think I can go back to single drive after this. It’s almost too much. The raw, unrestrained power is intoxicating and terrifying all at once. I want to punch the accelerator and see how fast I can go, but that reptilian hindbrain makes me take my finger off the trigger. Probably for the best until I get to know how it will react. Also, the breaks. Holy shit, the breaks are…insane. They’re no longer a safety feature. It’s like the board is thinking ‘Don’t tap the breaks asshole, I’m just gonna street your stupid face if you do.’

I need to open it up and take pics to show how it was made (build thread at some point), but there’s no real mystery here - it’s just an eskate.

Side note: I’ve only ever ridden VESC’s that I’ve built, and always used Vedder’s FW. Riding a FOCBOX with @Ackmaniac FW was…interesting. 6380’s purred in BLDC instead of screaming. Not better, not worse, but noticeably quieter. I kinda miss the whine of the motor - maybe it will come back when I’m peeling the paint off my TSG at 40mph.

7 Likes

Some nylon washer between the fender washers and the enclosure may help too. My Lacroix creaks too, but this does help. I think it is the nature of flex. Gonna be a little creaky. How is the enclosure holding up?

Also, with the breaks, a try -20 on the throttle curve to mellow that out a bit. What are your motor/battery settings?

That’s an interesting idea. It’s not the enclosure against the deck, but rather the washers rubbing. I’ll grab some washers from mcmaster and bring them with.

Other than that the enclosure is GREAT! It’s stiff AF, but flexes and conforms to the deck really nicely. Totally lucked out with where I drilled the holes for the charge port and loop key.

Also, I was marking the enclosure up to add a battery meter and i was using a sharpie. didn’t like where the line was and I couldn’t get it off. Figured I’d use the dry erase marker to go over it and remove the sharpie. WRONG! Dry erase marker ate the finish right off. FML. It’s not a big spot, but I’m going to see it every damn time I look at the enclosure.

What’s the battery set up you have on it. I rider the deck lol i am going to build one :sweat_smile:

I think the batt is -40 an the curve is setup to be Natural +20. I’ll have to get perimetr working to adjust the settings.

I’m going to take the brakes back to Natural zero and see how they feel.

2 Likes

Damn thats crazy. You could get some clear spray finish and touch it up? Nobody will notice but you a anyhow

1 Like

just touch it up with some clear poly?

1 Like

Yeah, it’s an anodized aluminum board that’s locally made in the San Francisco area, called Overland boards. Check them out! They’re a bit on the heavy side but they go over bumps like nobody’s business.

1 Like