[Text Responses] No words…just pictures delete words!

I’ve been talking to the factory and have some samples coming.

If they turn out well I’ll probably order some to sell off. I dont think I can organise a group buy with my profile.

1 Like

The same company manufacture the SK3 motors from HK

Yep, same motors with sensor, extended shaft, keyway and 300mm silicone phase wires. :sunglasses:

2 Likes

Yep… pretty sure buildkitboard uses them.

Also, is the extended shaft needed? And I have talked to them before, I think I needed to order 10 motors, but this was a while back.

If you don’t mind discussing, what was the deal you arranged with them

At the moment its just two sample motors, which sorts out my current build, but if they work out I was going to order more.

1 Like

https://www.electric-skateboard.builders/t/no-words-just-pictures-delete-words-use-pm/2992/7124?u=b264

@oriol360 how will those stay on the hangers without rotating? Do you drill a hole all the way through for a pin?

They will probably work out. There was a successful group buy for them a couple years back I think

2 Likes

I found the thread for it, thats what gave me the inspiration. I’m using an Sk3 on my board now and it seems like they are one of the better motors out there, if they just came from HK with these mods already they would probably make a killing.

2 Likes

They really should do that lol

I wonder if the factory is good quality or if HK are just strict on what they sell and only sell the “good” motors and then just not sell the bad ones. There are very few complaints with these motors, considering how many people use them

I think that they think I’m a proper reseller. But with the trade war with the US they probably need to find some extra sales here and there.

1 Like

I just got the sensorless 168kvs from HK.

As far as i know on a 20mm pulley, with thick chunky mounts it could do with a couple of mm, its short just under 4mm from being flush but its not critical as the pulley rim is one mm and the belt sits one mm in-ish from that.

ps my motors are jus test fitted with two screws at this time… dont panic

2 Likes

panic

3 Likes

Ordering a box load of ready to go sensor kits might be an idea… they would sell quite nicely and be cheaper to ship worldwide and shizzle.

Ide be in for a couple.

Yeah there are two grub screws that hold it in place. They dig into the truck really well when torque down.

Just shipping the sensor is one idea however it doesn’t solve the phase wires or the shaft.

20180316_211233 This is my current Sk3 with TB mount, the 3-4mm overhang isnt a massive deal but I just don’t like it. The keyway is a bonus too.

2 Likes

@walleywalker , what camera is it? An video that shows quality? https://www.electric-skateboard.builders/t/no-words-just-pictures-delete-words-use-pm/2992/7143?u=mishrasubhransu

1 Like

Mobius Actioncam. It’s setup for 1080p @30fps with a 135 degree fisheye lens (eBay sourced) right now. The housings are custom and 3D printed and there’s about 15" of extension wire to the camera module from the PCB. Video is great in regular light but gets a little funny when it’s dark. I’ll see if I can load up a ride video in a bit.

2 Likes

You are aren’t you? There can be only one. You get that off the ground then enertion will hate you and take back the title. lol

image And this after I have just cut a disgusting great hole in a work of art.

2 Likes

I’d be happy to share the STL and parts list, but I’m 95% sure the setup will only work on the particular Bern helmet I have unless otherwise modified.

Here’s the video quality from the helmet cam.

2 Likes