[Text Responses] No words…just pictures delete words!

Well taking the tape off should be fine if you know what you’re doing.

Those are 20700b cells?

In a facebook group there were pictures of another KD battery. Don’t want to post them up here as they weren’t my pictures, but from what could be seen in those pics, that battery was a fire waiting to happen. Batteries with burn marks (shorted?), crappy insulation, loose welds, welds that had burnt holes in the nickel strip, sharp corners everywhere, nickel sticking out over the insulation on the positive cap, damaged shrink wrap (on cells) and so on.

Looked really ugly. I just hope Kevin has stepped up his game since, or else we probably have quite a few ticking battery bombs out there.

1 Like

Oh dear. I might have a look there.

How dear he make shit batteries then and sell them.

Well I don’t wanna start another shit thread so I’m not going to mention it anymore.

1 Like

Those are beasts they outperform the 30Q by 233%

2 Likes

do they top out at 35A discharge or can they output more?

https://www.electric-skateboard.builders/t/no-words-just-pictures-delete-words-use-pm/2992/9002?u=b264

@Darklinks Have you fitted pulleys to the Centrax?

i think that’s a push board. @b264

I was assuming/hoping there were some e-plans for it :smiling_imp:

1 Like

That’s the first time I hear this. I thought he delivers quality

I wish it was possible to do it for this wheels they are the best but it’s my downhill freeride board. The only hope we have of getting any where close to it happing is when @okp make some pulley for the 78mm Venom Magnum Mach 1 Cannibal :pray::pray::pray:

2 Likes

Idk. All I’ve seen from him are these few less impressive batteries, plus the pictures he posted himself on here.

Maybe he took on too much work which affected quality? Maybe this was early work and quality has improved since?

Whatever happened here there are no excuses for this. He’s not a 16 yo hobby builder, and imo selling these batteries as a “professional battery builder” is borderline scam.

1 Like

ehhe working on it. I’ll this done.

How? https://www.electric-skateboard.builders/t/no-words-just-pictures-delete-words-use-pm/2992/9008?u=grozniy

3 Likes

Nothing to do with the new motor BTW. It’s as easy as using left over lipos from HK packs of various ages. Then despite using BMS to charge simply bypass that garbage for discharge. Don’t monitor cell voltage at all and hope the VESC LVC will magically save the day. Go for a ride flat out to test range. Then when it LVC kicks in point a hill and send that bitch. When you hear a bubbling noise get busy undoing the screws and find a source of water. Have a giggle while spraying with water and hoping the neighbours don’t call fire brigade Leave it outside over night assess the situation some other day and start over The end.

8 Likes

Downhill? What’s the length on that deck?

Nah I don’t. You think I need one?

1 Like

it will be nice to have one :laughing:

29” baby buzz kill omen deck

Going to put the trampa trucks on this one eventually? :joy:

Nah That’s old news I never Rehash builds always looking to build something better. I am working on something Just waiting for all the parts to become available… just goes to my collection of human powered vehicle😅