[Text Responses] No words…just pictures delete words!

I would cry lol

grimace_emoji

You should buy some plastic tubing and have that on the inside to prevent shorts

1 Like

Yeah might be a good idea, I actually already have some I just need to apply it

1 Like

I love the look of the stainless braid, the extra faff of insulation is worth it for the look.

1 Like

https://www.electric-skateboard.builders/t/no-words-just-pictures-delete-words-use-pm/2992/8988

What’s with that black stuff?

It decreases electrical resistance :wink:

2 Likes

Apparently, it was on fire. It smells strongly of fire and mold inside. But shockingly, the connector fire did not cause the failure. The failure was caused when the blue and green wire shorted through their melted insulation. Plastic insulation. This failure was directly caused because the prebuilt manufacturer did not use silicone-insulated wire and they did not use big enough wire. Either one would have saved this from happening.

2 Likes

Who is the manufacturer??

Honestly I think the only reason the fire went out is because of lack of oxygen inside the enclosure…

2 Likes

Metroboard

1 Like

Ouch. That’s a surprise coming from him. How much current were you drawing?

1 Like

I had it on maximum power level, at full throttle, somewhat uphill, for 2.3 miles, carrying about 25 lbs of groceries. I don’t usually take this one there, but I did to try something different.

1 Like

I’m sure he’ll replace it. I heard that he’s also switching out his esc in favor of vesc.

It’s already halfway fixed… I can’t believe the ESC didn’t die when the phase wires were shorted out.

1 Like

Replacing the battery wires? Lucky the fire wasn’t larger and the wires didn’t melt together

The battery wires were melty-ish too but nothing like the motor phase wires. Those look like they were blowtorched.

1 Like

Those are phase wires that melted?? Holy shit

1 Like

The “Holy shit” for me is that the fire and burnt connector isn’t what caused the failure. Also that the shorted phase wires didn’t break the ESC is unbelievable.

4 Likes

https://www.electric-skateboard.builders/t/no-words-just-pictures-delete-words-use-pm/2992/8990?u=grozniy And the underside?