[Text Responses] No words…just pictures delete words!

That is some weird ass shit.

4 Likes

What a mess. Glad it didn’t get any worse.

2 Likes

I don’t see an S on that male connector. Maybe you grabbed a plain xt90 male? Not sure if it has any effect but hey I did notice. Screenshot_20190104-174019_Amazon Ones I got from Amazon.

2 Likes

I did use a plane tx90 male I didn’t think there was a difference.

I’m not sure if it matters. If you have an S one laying around I’d try that just to be extra safe.

@mutantbass

https://www.electric-skateboard.builders/t/no-words-just-pictures-delete-words-use-pm/2992/8852

U can also double click the drag handle and it’ll auto find end of range and fill. Cntl+D good too

3 Likes

@Battosaii the male doesn’t matter but the female has to be an “S” variant.

Would you photograph your setup and how the battery is/was connected to everything else?

Are you sure you weren’t shorting the battery out?

2 Likes

I had this problem once and ended up destroying my VESC

Doubled checked everything and there was no reverse polarity or wires exposed was just random.

Maybe a faulty or fake XT 90 S?

Definitely looks like a short and though it pains me to say it because hes been picking on me lately, I think hes right on the money :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

4 Likes

https://www.electric-skateboard.builders/t/no-words-just-pictures-delete-words-use-pm/2992/8856?u=yelnats8j

:heart_eyes::heart_eyes::heart_eyes: Beautiful Build

What wheel pulleys are you using?

1 Like

That was build over 2 months ago haha. Just posted pictures of my recent updates on the build :slight_smile:

Wheel pulleys And motor mounts are torqueboard’s!

2 Likes

I thought I recognized the build :rofl:

1 Like

No shorts I checked everything also this set up has been tested and ridden before the only difference was the new loop key set up I plugged in.

Do you have a photo of everything as it was when you plugged-in the loopkey? Or any photo of how things were connected?

I think the real question people should be discussing is how to prevent something like this from happening in the future; not only for you, but others as well. Was your cutoff voltage set too high? Or did you somehow have a massive voltage sag occur? When my board is about to run out of power I can’t even go that fast (or fast at all), and when it does cut out it’s in free-roll mode, so it doesn’t suddenly lock up or anything.

1 Like

Oooh la la, what are your plans @Sender

7 Likes

I am not entirely sure yet.

I am thinking MBS, etoxx gear drive 6380 motors 12s…top mount.

Open to suggestions.

6 Likes

Sounds like a great plan.

I like top mount, that’s new for you?

Lipos or 18650s?

What etoxx gear ratio?

2 Likes

Gotta build and learn to ride this thing by Thunder in the mountains!

4 Likes

Helical don’t know which gearing yet

2 Likes