[Text Responses] No words…just pictures delete words!

Yes Andy :smiley: it is ! I try to make my own diy hub motor, since I have tested the Maytech hub last year on my SWE board, and then Gummies are release, it seemed to me obvious :bulb: I have to put a big motor in a gummies wheel !!.. Just to make it and test it ! :smile:

• Maytech 9055 hub motor doesn’t get enough urethane at all > Gummies should be better than that …

• the little motor 80kV 800w at 10s eat up too much too fast ! (even with 25amps motor max and batt max) > a big 8072 65kV should help a bit here too. (Under 12s at double, triple, even quadruple times more Amps batt and motor Max, it should be much more fun! )

the 3d prototype looks ok but now I have to make the parts of the motor (the flanges and the over-bell). (all this pic are old now from last year now, with the blue carpet)

I always want to make an custom hub motor since our Mr Gold Finger (Gravier) on esk8fr make his own 4 years ago now ! >>> Its gorgeous :

7 Likes

Well that just means if they are hub motors that the outer part of the bearing would support the can and spin and the inner would stay statortionary.

yes it is @sayekim sorry @pat.speed I had trouble understanding and translating :relaxed:

Looks amazing!

1 Like

It survived, lasted longer than both the boosted boards. Every time that dude rides with us it’s a surprise how long it keeps going.

I’ve thought about putting something like that on my drop deck. Looks comfortable

3 Likes

Haven’t skated it yet. Heel stop makes sense. I Think I will like it.

3 Likes

I can’t wait to need something like this!

2 Likes

But there is a bearing in the stator, that’s what made me think it wasn’t a hub motor.

@Riako all good. They look super cool can’t wait to see the build thread :slightly_smiling_face:

1 Like

Well of course I completely missed that. My bad.

Thank you for pointing it out.

Well see @pat.speed ! Yes it is like that the 8072 is made, this bearing will be removed if I can too seat the stator of the motor directly on the aluminum of the hanger (not the axle). I will start a thread next year :wink: cause I will need all of you once again ^^

3 Likes

Did you try the motors out before? I heard not so good things about the 8072 from aps the last year. No things which couldn’t be solved, but there where some lose windings etc.

:shushing_face: shuuuuuuush bro !!! … :sweat_smile: Sadly no, I just read (this summer I guess) all the issue people get with them (but at really high rpm, mine are 60kv, and I read issue on more than 200kV …) and it’s what I said, I should test them 1st. I hope it will work good as I also redesign and custom in some way the motor (like maybe resin the winding, reinforce magnet in place, bigger bearing support etc.

Now, I’m torturing myself to know if I stay in Gummies, or if I can integrate my hub with Stooge Wheels instead (letting the motor exceeds alf on one side) … (or Bergmeister buf it look too much like Direct Drive with the motor completely exposed IMO).

2 Likes

Ja you probably right with it. Low kV and your custom modifications would solve th issues probably. One thought: why you don’t try to get the motors into a hub. Like let’s say superstar hub. Than you could use gummies and pneumatics. Maybe there is a way to get some gummie style selves made for the bermeister wheels :thinking: that would be dope :sweat_smile:

Edit: just realized that’s what you doing :man_facepalming:

1 Like

Pneumatics works only with direct drive style (like Carvon or Torqueboard) more exposed. For hub-motor on pneumatic, the motor is not enough inside the hub because of the air valve … :sweat_smile: (1st I made it I have forgotten that little point). So only Gummies on a superstar like hub/rim.

MB%20v5b

vs

3 Likes

What if to fill out the tube with some kind of liquid :thinking: I know there is stuff like this for bicycle tires that you can even drive over nails without to break them. With it you could cut the valve. Would maybe need some tube repair to cover the valve hole and maybe driving would be a bit harder, buuut who knows.

1 Like

that could maybe work with a 50 or 63mm motor !..

Yeah maybe. With welded on spokes directly to the can.

1 Like

That will be awesome !!!

(I french mate, already made is own air wheel rim hubed : 4WD hub motor on 6x2" air tires.)

1 Like