TaoBao, AliExpress, Bangood, Alibaba...All the Chinese Deals Here! Community Log

thanks, I actually ordered two from China but these are in Hamburg already so I ordered another pair :smiley: I had two directly from Flipsky which I fried (my fault 200%) and was happy with them as long as they lived :smiley:

1 Like

And…??

whatt??? how is that so cheap??? even when flipsky had their sale those were going for 61 usd direct from the source…

ok, today the China order arrived so in the future i’ll have two for spare parts :smiley:

Still in transit :expressionless:, I’ll update when they arrive.

1 Like

Nice. Do you run them in FOC? Or just BLDC as other 4.12 hardware?

I ran it in FOC mode from the beginning. I got the 90mm replaceable hubs from diyeboard and they ran without any issues. Will do it with the new ones also :slight_smile:

1 Like

Great, which battery Max are you using? To understand how a hard you can push it. I also have the hubs from diyeboard. I like them. Now switching to the torque boards ones because of a good deal I got with the group buy.

I don’t remember but when I setup the new ones I’ll check. I have a VTC6 10s3p pack which can do 45A minimum. I think I had it at 30A per motor.

Good with my 10s3p I set the same in BLDC and I would like to try foc.

I just did a first real testrun with the new FS ESCs and FOC is running perfectly so far. My settings for 10s3p VTC6 and diyeboard 90mm replaceable pu hubs: Motor max: 50A Breaking Max: -50A Battery max: 30A regen Battery max: -7.5A

1 Like

Same setting I use for BLDC. Thanks

Hi everybody!

I have told earlier that I bought Littokala 26650 5Ah cells which can handle 25A continues. They arrived a few weeks ago but I’ve been very busy because exams. IMG_20180813_212623

My first plan was making 2 packs (10S2P) and make a swappable pack but the plan is changed because of the long shipping time. They were nicely packed, checked every voltage and they look great. All cells were at 3,81-3,82V. I’ve now 45 of these cells. The shipping time was like 5 weeks. After 2 weeks I decided to make a pack with 30Q cells, just because I don’t like to wait :smile: I wanted to ride my esk8 and made a 10S4P with 30Q cells.

So now I have 45 cells and I’m not planning to use them anymore so I will sell 2 of these 10S2P packs or other configurations are also possible (with bms, connectors, charge plug, heatshrink,…). I will always test them and do a range test, but I’m pretty sure it will be a nice pack. If anybody should be intrested pm me, I will also make a thread about this but that will be for after my last exam (4september).

I paid around 200€ in total for 45 cells with custom costs, I guess that’s the reason the shipping took so long.

I hope you didn’t purchase your 30q cells from LiitoKala… They sell fakes

lots of information

Just a quick update, the real life job has been keeping me busy and away from building, but the baseplate (and a million other things from month old orders out of china) finally made it after a month in transit. I’ll throw some pictures of it up tonight, but for now ill just give you my initial thoughts.

I got the black anodized version, and the anodization is not bad, looks to be pretty even across the plate. Its built solid, cuts are smooth, however the one concern I have is that the mounting holes are elongated on both sides, so there is a potential for this to shift around under the board after mounted, not sure why they wouldn’t just design it like a standard truck with oldschool and newschool mounting patterns. The kinpin is of the hollow variety, but seems to be of good quality. It includes two nuts, one standard mount and one to reverse mount your kingpin. It also came with a cup and flat washer to accomdate standard sized bushings. I was able to easily pop a cal II hanger in without much slop, I’ll attempt to fit a riptide / venom pivot cup in them soon. haven’t mounted it to a deck yet, but again ill try it when i get some time. So far it seems to be worth the $1 auction with with $19 of shipping, i think figuring out if the riptide pivot cup works will be the determining factor.

Lastly, I’m 99% sure Ive found the maker of this based on the company brand image that was imprinted on the bottom of the baseplate: https://www.cootrucks.net/shop, from the pictures, this seems to be the M2 baseplate. Based on this randomly sleuthed page, it seems that they should be able to fit riptide cups https://www.cootrucks.net/blank-5

@Alphamail, do you know what they mean by " the new one can use riptide biggest pivot cup!" ? do you happen to know off your head which pivot they designed this after. I’ll get the calipers out and measure it when i get the time as well.

hope this helps someone!

2 Likes

The new Coo Truck pivot is made by us and it is the same one we designed to fit the AERA K5’s which is the same pivot the new Alsen precision trucks use.

2 Likes

These Flipsky ESC’s are getting ridiculously cheap on aliexpress! Has anyone used these succesfully? HGLRC FLIPSKY FSESC 50A V4.12

2 Likes

They seem pretty good. I order a flipsky VESC6 based and they now launched the dual unity. @moon is organising the group buy or you can buy it from them. In case you need to save space. Otherwise two of these vesc for dual set up will do the work. People use them even in FOC with no issue.

3 Likes

ebay is also selling them for the same price and faster shipping.