So this thread is basically a continuation or upgrade of my last build:
Just wanna say thank you to a few people who have made this build that little bit better
@dareno - me aussie mate, helped me to be sure that these monstrous motors would fit
@dickyho - for the mounts, super fast contact and great price (just need to have the mounts really damn tight)
@brenternet - when i messaged you about something and you showed me your dual landyachtz build it tipped me over the edge in the decision of going dual (along with the fact i get alot more power now lol)
@Schulerbible - for saving my ass with the 80a bestech bms and having wheel pulleys handy
And ZillBoards for both giving me wheels and helping me greatly with the build.
Firstly, this board is crazy strong. At the moment, i have both motors running at 60a each, and max battery draw at 40a on each focbox. Apparently 100a is the max these motors can take but tbh im not sure if they wouldn’t get super hot.
Another thing, the dickyho mounts are something you really need to be careful of. At first they are fairly difficult to put into the trucks. So, they need to be either filed or bent open, which stops the clamp being a proper circle. So pretty much you need to clamp the mf on super tight, and make sure you use loctite blue on everything. (@dickyho im not complaining this is just constructive criticism). Also, where the mount gets thin, it tends to slightly bend under force with these fat motors. Some sort of brace would fix this.
The orange wheels i got from the one and only ZillBoards as a test sample for his new formula of urethane. And they are super nice. super grippy and soft enough for my liking. Along with this, i have Zills 16t motor pulley with a keyway, his 300mm 15mm belts and torqueboards’ 36t wheel pulley.
All together this board runs great on torqueboards’ 218mm trucks. The rears are super tight and the fronts fairly loose, allowing for a nice ride.
At the moment, the board is running sensorless bldc as the motors sensor leads couldn’t reach the focboxs (so imma get some extensions to keep warranty lol).
I plan on eventually getting my motor amps up to something like 80a, which is already crazy strong. Even at 60a each motor i was beating raptor 2’s in acceleration tests hehe. This thing pulls like crazy and easily makes it up almost any hill. Full throttle is terrifying tbh.
According to my calculations i should get to about 52km/h. I’ve gotten to 35km/h and good god.
Range wise, the board should be getting 20-25kms of range. I’m still yet to test this due to rain and an injury to my knee.
If you’re wanting to see some of the build process be sure to check out the build log at the top.
And if anyone’s interested, here is the 79 page 15.5k word write up i did on the previous design:
Here are the photos of the build:
the esk8 Sydney group:
thanks for wasting your time reading this and if you have any questions be sure to ask ️