Synchronized lighting for VESC

How much money would someone make and ship one of these (electronics with software but not the lights)? And will it work for any ESC (I’ve got the MayTech 50A dual)?

Its not that hard/expensive to build and program, the whole system without the lights costs 5$ at most

Including the step down and other circuitry?

I really want something like that but I don’t have any experience in these electronics

I’d like to have a go at this, with no prior experience at all with kinda stuff.

If i order the shopping list in the OP, i guess itll work with the unity?

I’m really keen to try this. Is it possible to run the power for this directly from one of the Vesc 6 ports? I’m struggling to find the necessary voltage step down converter in South Africa.

You can try it but I dont recommend it, maybe it can work well but the main problem is that the vesc isnt capable of supplying a lot of juice from his 5v port.

I know someone that blew his vesc because he had too big of a light connected to his vesc so maybe try to find another solution (iknow its probably hard)

This is the first time I used this scheme.There are any problems that I don't  understand.When ATmega328 communicate with VESC electronic speed controller to get motor information by UART , I found that there are no CRC datas in each package.So VESC electronic speed controller cannot feed back to ATmega328, and the RGB light belt cannot flicker normally.I do not know how to modify the program source code, please advise, thank you!

I love this, especially the police scheme.

Has anyone gotten this to work with the Unity?

I have mine put together and everything is loaded up. The lights are stuck in stand by mode no matter how much the motors move.

1 Like

Do you have experience with Arduino coding? I know that the Unity has a different response for the COMM_GET_VALUES UART command, so though I’m not completely familiar with how the code for this is written i would bet that you need to change how the data from that packet is parsed (which bytes are stored in which variables)

1 Like

I only know enough to edit whats needed when instructions are present lol. But thanks a lot for the tip. I’m going to try and look into it more.

1 Like

No problem :slight_smile: after taking a look at the code, it looks like you can update which bytes are taken from a COMM_GET_VALUES packet in the “bldc_interface.c” file of the VESC UART library used. Look at the “bldc_interface_process_packet” function. Just check what bytes are sent by the Unity by looking at the “commands.c” file of enertion’s unity FW and update them accordingly :slight_smile:

1 Like

You’re awesome! I’ll look through everything today or tomorrow and see what I can do. :star_struck:

2 Likes

Has anybody got this working on the latest vesc firmware cant seem to get it working I have tx and rx correct but lights wont move

This is an awesome project!

Since I have both my uarts (dual VESC) in use (Flipsky VX1 and Metr.pro) would this board also work when I connect just the RX in parralell with the metr.pro?

Btw - Just got mine, Still in beta but sounds like you could use this for future addons…

2 Likes

Could work but you need a modified library.

Am I missing something so glaringly obvious that nobody even wants to mention it:crazy_face: