Synchronized lighting for VESC

Put some bits together :yum:

6 Likes

Beautiful!

I need to get mine installed. Using 1/2" 3m dual lock to mount the strips. Waiting on silicone end caps to keep them dry.

Curious, how many leds are are you pushing?

72 led on each strip, 144led/m

Did you run into compile issues? My arduino was complaining that it was running out of memory the longer the strip got.

No issues, about 500bytes left

Ok. Im only running 29 on a side. It would be nice to have higher density. What strip are you running?

MOKUNGIT APA102 LED Strip Lights 3.2ft/1m APA102-C 144 LEDs 5050 RGB Individually Addressable RGB Full Color Magic LED Strip DC5V Black PCB Waterproof IP65 https://www.amazon.com/dp/B019NZREYM/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_apa_KnZDAbRXPRTEZ

1 Like

Sometimes fake Chinese arduino carry less memory than advertised. Don’t know if you’re is but that could be causing it

Possibly silly question, I don’t need the gnd line if I’m not powering from vesc right?

Great work, I was planning to do something similar, on the build I’m working right now I have leds embedded in the enclosure in 4mm holes that are filled with acrillic resin, so when they are off you can’t see. The programming part I left for when i finish the built, not anymore

Thanks

1 Like

Maybe…id keep it in case of transients.

I’ll do one with and one without, see if there’s any diff

You’re pulling the ground from the same battery ground as the vesc, right? so there’s still a common ground there with the battery to filter it.

No I’m using an independent battery for the Arduino and leds

Ahh, my bad, didn’t see that. I’ll be putting this together in an hour or 2 hopefully!

I’m making it as plugnplay as possible to any existing setup, don’t have to mess with the board battery or anything just plug in uart and go With a switch on the battery, could even be a ppm controlled switch and use your remote for on/off

no, you need arduino with vesc common ground to get right uart signals.

1 Like

You can use ttp223 sensor module in switch mode(with mosfet) on battery enclosure for this or even try to use it through deck :wink:

2 Likes

Is there a way to change the direction of the lights?

Mine are moving opposite to the direction of travel.

4 Likes

OMG I love those enclosures! 3d printed? I’d imagine invert the variable that deals with which step in the palette array?

1 Like