Switch Options for esk8

No idea… maybe voltage? I’m running 10s. It seems like they always fail at the fet, so perhaps the direct fet variant will fare better. @goldenHusky has a directfet Vedder switch available. Also @JdogAwesome has been collected dead switches for research, I wonder if he found anything yet.

1 Like

When I contacted you, you offered to replace it if i sent the old one in plus paid $40. I did, and the new one failed within minutes again. Never turned it on and off quickly. Only turned it on once, and never went off again. Didn’t want to pay another $40, so I was out almost a $100 and no working switch. Feels like a scam. It’s not rocket science to plug in bullets…

I’m about to try to hook up the @goldenHusky direct fet switch today :stuck_out_tongue:

I tried 2 of the @JdogAwesome switches. Nice guy, but neither worked for very long either.

2 Likes

@evoheyax - Guess you’ll need to test the new switch then… :slight_smile: I’ll post in the forum once they’re available and do a beta run. Make sure it’s bulletproof for everyone (that’s the goal).

3 Likes

Can’t wait for those direct fet switches Dexter!

Keep up the good work!

2 Likes

I know you mean the best for everyone. I just hate watching a product be sold that fails over and over. Even if the fail rate is only 10%, that’s too high.

Hope you finish that new switch soon. We need reliable switches.

@evoheyax - I know… it sucks. I’ll send you one when it’s available since you had issues with your old one.

1 Like

@Jinra Thanks for tagging me in this, good discussion going on. From what I can tell I believe that most of the Mosfet switches out there fail from improper gate drive voltage though I’d still love to get my hands on a Diy Esk8 switch to dissect. Another thing could also be most FET’s voltage rating of 60V which we often times get relatively close to at 10 or 12S. @longhairedboy recommend to me the IRFS7730 which is a 75V MOSFET that’s practically identical to the 7530 though it has a ever so slightly higher RDSon. He said he hasn’t had any switches fail on him since using these and it’s what I’m going to use from now on.

@evoheyax thanks for the kind words lol. The switches that I originally sold you were my very first version and they were complete crap I’m so sorry that I thought they were viable. My new designs are far better and incorporate dual zener gate drive as well as Osh Park PCB’s. I’m going to have an extra switch or two from this next batch I’m making and I’d love to send you one free of charge to makeup for my crap ones I sold you before. DM me if your interested!

P.S. like @Jinra said I still would really like to see some broken EBoard switches so if anybody has any dead ones DM me as well.

1 Like

Also I have received one broken switch from @mmaner which he sent to me for free, super nice of him. It was one of @VladPomogaev V1 designs on the red PCB with the four FET’s. Ended up being it was only a solder bridge causing it not work though it was going to fail anyways because the FETs are once again driven improperly only using a voltage divider, no zener diode clamping. Anyways thought I’d give the little bit of info I have from the one switch I have taken a look at.

1 Like

Thanks for sharing. I wish this community as a whole was more open about everything. I’ll pm you, cause I want everyone to get their switch game on! It saddens me that so m\any (including myself) have turned physically breaking the circuit instead of using logic. Imagine a car that you use some xt9000 plug to turn on, haha.

3 Likes

I’ve got x2 @goldenHusky direct fet switches I’ll be putting in next weekend. I’ll let you guys know how it goes.

3 Likes

So who made the switch that he is selling?

Hi all, I too had a @torqueboards fail on the second day… Currently I have two @VladPomogaev v2 switches in to builds Going strong for 6 months booth builds are ridden every day and one I even lent with obtain to buy. to a neighbor whom knows nothing of the mechanics of esk8 , he just rides. And no problems

1 Like

I used my Torqueboards switch for over a year on my 6S build without a problem. I’ll be using it in my 10S build from now on.

We’ll see how that works out, but I’m hopeful! :slight_smile:

Quote of the day…

1 Like

Hey guys thought id drop this bye cause I just found another amazing super cheap MOSFET, the TPH2R608NH. I was looking at THIS thread and @hexakopter suggested the TPW1R306PL which got me interested in the Toshiba line of FET’s which lead me to the 608. Its only a $1.57 or cheaper on Arrow and has a RDSon of 2.1mOhm.

I’d really like to build my own switch, if anyone has a good schematics that would like to share, I’d really appreciate it

Hey @Eboosted on my EbSC Switch thread HERE, I have a link to my schematics if you want to build your own. You could also just build a Vedder one or design your own board.