SWE | CUSTOM 33" integrated enclosure | Ronin Cast modified | Hub motor 80kv 800w 90mm | 10S5AH (x2) | VESCs

ALWAYS :smile: !!!

But ok, some news … between ride of this little baby :blush: Complet new setup And it’s realy cool, perfect cruiser for summer ! Nothing exist from the back, no wires, no connector, fully closed juste the trap on the top. 1th I parameter the vesc for this little 22amps motor … 0.01 start up boost, and I wasn’t really ready for so less power :smile: But after some more prameters up (25Amps batt and motor max current control actualy (soone watt mode with 900w max) and the custom curve for more acceleration and less punch at top speed). Cause when your rolling (lets say around 20kmh or more) when you push the throttle is pretty good for what I’m looking for. I go up to 30kmh and really could push more ! (enought for me) But after just 3km of run they are terribly hot !!! (dont know how the indise support this …) The freewheels is super cool when you kick the battery and need to return home at cut off start. The urethane isn’t that bad, and the Ronin truck are just a killer for electric setup ! Stable and super carvy same time. Love them !

Finaly love this setup after some ride (just around 50km)

Just my carbon deck is terrible for me… I really don’t like the hardness of it ! And carbone is really reasoning dont like it too.

(If someone want it let me know)

For this smooth elec setup I’m waiting for a new deck (but old version - 2015) an Arbor Axis Koa :heart_eyes: !!! Flex, lower …and should look better with this 90mm wheel !

see ya :wink:

PS : I’m on something else who should be cool,… the upgrade of my Darth Vapor 2016

5 Likes

Some more photos … https://monlongboardelectrique.files.wordpress.com/2017/06/img_20170613_215050.jpg

2 Likes

What have you done to yours Aps motors?

All the parts changes was sold … (You know why I can’t change/edit my tittle ?) …

And cause many project @ the same time !..

There is just the deck on sale now, it isn’t realy my style (plus I’m 1m95, I love long and flex deck…)

MP for more info or if you get an offer :wink:

2 Likes

When the 10s3p pack drop in the deck when arrange stuff around me … :blush:

1 Like

Where those 190mm trucks?

Those was the 180mm Ronin Raw Cast Truck modified for Mayteck hubs following the Kaspars Dambis tutorial :

:wink:

1 Like

Nice build man! Do you still got the hubmotors running? They look pretty nice actually, where did you get them from?

1 Like

Hey, thx Bart :smiley:

No, sell them with the CRonin and DualESC to Pimousse last year. Their was from Maytech (MTO9055-HBM-60-HA hub motor)

I’m trying to make my own DIY’s hub this summer ! Bigger !! :blush:

1 Like

Hi e-rider !

Well… time passed fast, projects slips and sleeps :smile:

But motor was a bit more custom, still not to final point but I’m getting closer and closer !

The project : Maybe the MTO9055 like with an APS 8072 70kv and a Gummies 125mm :yum:

But I’m just - to late - seeing bad feedback about this motors … but at a way higher kV ( 4 x more). I was asking myself and mostly to you, what to do to prevent any fails. did this look like a better way to upgrade them ?

The stator copper/wires, should we resin it ? https://discourse-cdn-sjc1.com/business6/uploads/openrov/_optimized/5bc/d06/d93c2e0a29_543x480.jpg Maybe the cage too ??

3 Likes

Tomorrow I will go to the CNC shop give them the last industrial bearing missing for the seat of the “new” or should I say custom stator to the rotor in … I really hope to could make some photos in place !!! Now that all of this is started real (got motor seens last Xmas, motor to CNC shop seens the start of the summer), once I get back my stators I will try some custom of the wiring … :sweat_smile:

Those 80XX bigbadboy don’t play !.. The force of the magnets are huge compared to a 63XX !!! I got to make some Mac Giver tricks to put them off… Surprisingly take no pic of that :frowning:

All that is just totally new for me, please don’t hesitate to help and give any tips you got :pray:

2 Likes

Plop …

Hi e-rider !

Ok, thanks to @rey8801 , it’s time to start to make it again (now that I leave at the edge of a river, got 100kms of cool flat bike path). I think about his little sister around the same spirit but 3 years later! :blush:

Highly inspired and motived by the last @Linny mini-sick build, Also, this gorgeous @Mikaelj KutThaka with SR TKP and many others.

• want to keep a deck as shorter (around 36")
  • If I make it integrated again, not sure but, I would like the cover under deck
  • A dropped deck would be cool too (with a W concave, deep pedal etc)

A bit like that about the shape :

But with the outer general look as a mini surf deck (I hope you can follow me :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:):

(thanks also @cmatson for the inspiration too !)

• I m very hesitant about the choice of trucks against, yesterday I was still sure to leave on Cronin, but now I would try also SR TKP more suitable for a small cruiser.

Maybe @mmaner, @Skunk could help me finding the outer profile diameter of the SR TKP hanger (if it was round) ?

• Battery pack: I guess I will stay with the still same slim solution of 5 (or 6 maybe this time) x 2s lipo for 10s (or 12S so) 5Ah pack, that as almost 4 years of use now.

• ESC: I hope to revive 2 focbox for the occasion, otherwise we will find something else … The unity makes me an eye for sure! …

I will make another thread soon I guess :grin:

Also,

I do not give up, it will be 3 years since I started to think about it, it’s been 2 years since I have the motors, machined last year (for the stator, I have start DIY the rotor by hand …) but I have a new idea and it will be for AT wheels in the end, this year is the good fishing!

Stay tuned :v:

6 Likes

Nice project man! Following

1 Like

That carbon wrapped deck is amazing! WOW why have i not seen this yet?!

2 Likes

The SR TKP hanger profile isn’t round, but there is a model of the hanger in thingiverse, I’ll try and find the link for you.

1 Like

Its a 19mm hex

2 Likes

How are these lipos holding up? IR?

Four years is alot, unless I’m misunderstanding you x)

1 Like

Thanks guys, this deck was a long process (it’s why I say “if I made it enclosed” again … and this SWE deck is still laying around ^^ No one in EU using 18650 want to try to make something with it ? I let it go for less than 100€ …

Yes, thanks Mike, I was looking for, I don’t know how to say, the circumference maybe? And thx a lot for the tips, but don’t lose time! I will do it if needed :wink: btw good to know there is a 3d model of it !!!

Thanks mate! Is that flat to the flat surface of the hex or the outer/larger diameter? :blush: sorry not to be clear.

To be true, I don’t know or look at it since the beginning, I always set lower parameter than the pack was supposed to produce and I charge at around 4.1/cell, and try to don’t get low than 3.7 CoStart/ 3.6 CoEnd. I got them since my second build so more than 3 years is more correct ^^

( But I’m afraid that I lost a 5s 5Ah 45c Graphene this winter … one cell makes the pack unchargeable with the charger due to bad voltage cell :frowning: they were only 1 and a half year old.)

Please check your battery’s health :scream::scream:

I wouldn’t let a lipo go a year without IR testing at the very most… Don’t want to have another Karam story :frowning:

1 Like

I have to say that I have to make some research for that, thanks for the feedback !