๐Ÿ„ SurfRodz RKP 200mm - Press fit mounts - Round 3 - LRdesigns

Guys, the mounts are finished and are shipping to me now, I should get them Monday then I start shipping them next week. :email:

I was hoping more where sold by now, I still have 9 sets available. Maybe everyone with surfords RKP are mounted up already? Peeps need more surfrodz!!!

3 Likes

I didnโ€™t really understand his question, for the crossbar I will supply the bolts

Ive paid for the plates now

1 Like

youโ€™ve saturated the rkp market.

i may take an additional set or two, letโ€™s see when you get them in.

Mounts came in! The machining quality looks a bit improved over the previous two rounds.

I will be shipping them out today and tomorrow.

Still 9 sets available.

10 Likes

When are the plates expected to be finished?

They are finished just waiting for shipping. They are waiting for the plates to be sent from the CNC shop to the office. Might take a few more days

And crossbars will take a while

3 Likes

Awesome, looking forward to these!

1 Like

Hey guys, all the people on the group buy have their mounts shipped out. See tracking numbers.

Yes there is still some mounts left for anyone wondering.

5 Likes

IMG_3072

3 Likes

Some people will be getting their press fit mounts soon.

I need to update the instructions as there is a couple extra notes gathered along the way.

1. Remove the grub screw. I also like to fill the hole with hotglue to help prevent water getting into the axle and rusting it.
  2. Check hanger for road rash. If your truck is not brand new, check it for any rock dents or road rash on the ends that will be covered with the mount. These need to be filed down or it will be difficult to get the mount all the way down and also removing it later will be a problem.
  3. Press on the mount. Add a smidge of grease to the hanger for easier removal in the future. Line up the circle on the back with the grub screw hole side, push the mount on by hand. Press the mount the rest of the way in with the axle and a bunch of spacers. Do not use too much force or you could damage the threads, just as tight as you would do up the wheel. It only needs to be on there firm. If there is a small gap in the axle hole donโ€™t worry about it.
  4. Screw on your prefered motor plates with M4X10 bolts and your done!

Photo%20Dec%2019%2C%201%2026%2033%20PM

Photo%20Dec%2019%2C%201%2038%2044%20PM

IMG_3008

4 Likes

Had to keep it black and silver for the sake of cost since a different color would cost $16 for the anodizing

So ordered 30 Black, 20 Silver. Leftovers are there. Same with the plates, had to order more for logistical reasons

@topcloud you voted without participating :slight_smile:

Carbon fiber plates are getting shipped to me, just waiting for pick up from factory

2 Likes

it means you need to sent him some for free now :rofl::rofl::rofl:

2 Likes

@hiboute

The price is for a set. And yes I will ask for payments for crossbars later

Sorry again, but a set of two plates?

• $35 = 1 set short plates
  • $40 = 1 set long plates
1 Like

Thank you. So yes i need one set.

1 Like

long or short?

Long.

10char

1 Like

@moon did you start collecting money for the mounts?

Yeah I did :grinning: