Super mini Maker-x ESC (Vesc compatible)

Do you plan to mount an additional heat think on the esc?

No, not as a starting pointā€¦ But itĀ“s going to be a processā€¦ IĀ“m going to use the metr module, to get some data back :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Thats pretty good. So you will have a good feedback of the real capabilities of the esc.

1 Like

Thats a big motor for a little esc.

2 Likes

I wanna build 3-kwt e-bike but light as possible, that why i chose 6384 with chain gear over hub-motor, but still canā€™t realise why somebody prefere hub. it should weigh 10 kg or so, isnā€™t? What are the advantages?

@bluegreen As far as I know, it is not as powerful as it is heavier. Too low KV

Because it`s a Drift Trike iĀ“m buildingā€¦ And itĀ“s pretty plug and play, to change the front wheel :slight_smile:

People are using these e-bike hub motors with cheap chineese ā€œe-bike esc`sā€ā€¦ IĀ“m hoping a vesc will give me that extra :slight_smile:

1 Like

If they from APS, donā€™t forget to battle harden them. If no you will lose the magnets or the retaining ring sooner or later.

:heart_eyes: i want one as wellā€¦just need more space :joy:

2 Likes

Would it not be more efficient and less likely to blow with a traditional 14s+ bike esc?

So this is a kind of compromise between weight and simplicity of design? I worry that I make a mistake without choosing heavy hub :grin:

@Andy87 Yep, thanks! already know about this issue

Why ?? All those cheap chineese is more likely to blow, and many of them do not have any option to change settings. I will use the vesc on 12s lipoā€¦

1 Like

Oky-doak! Itā€™s always good to try something new. My understanding was that those kind of motors like volts and amps & this little guy may strain, Iā€™m cheering you on

Time will tell :slight_smile:

1 Like

If this hub motor is 4kwt (50V 80A) it will be ok. Even if motor much powerful then controller, itā€™s all about limits of VESC, e-bike ESCs doesnā€™t have limits so they can blow

Yes exactlyā€¦ My hub motor is 48v 1500 wattā€¦ But i know for a fact, that people are putting 5-6kwh through this beast in burst, without problem. @YUTW123 are claiming that the x-esc single can handle 100 amp constant. Thats why iĀ“m gonna try this on my hub wheel, because i like the VESC environment. https://www.leafbike.com/products/e-bike-hub-motor/gearless-20-24-26-700c-28-29-inch/20-inch-48v-1500w-front-hub-motor-wheel-1077.html Look at the efficiency btw. Geeks om endless-sphere forum, have testet this to be trueā€¦

I believe it can be 60-80A constantly (more then enough). Talked to the guy who designed it. Actually, it can burn your motor :grin:

1 Like

You are talking down ā€œchinese controllersā€ and expecting something different from this one? Where do you think it is made? This also seems to be pretty cheap.

Iā€™m highly suspect of using a bank of ceramic capacitors in parallel to handle the high frequency switching from the battery. Ceramic capacitors have a low ESR for a relatively low amount of capacitance. That is why several dozen appear to be in use. But these are much much more likely to resonate with the input inductance and cause voltage transients double the input voltage.

They claim to have been tested, and I suppose it is possible to design a board with careful attention to this specification, but I canā€™t imagine it increases the power threshold of the system, only reduces it.

I could be wrong but I think you really need electrolytic (benefit from) capacitors for filtering this amount of current switched at a high frequency.

1 Like

Yes., I hear youā€¦ And more capacitanse is also in my mind. We also needs to do this in the drone racing Worldā€¦

I know of people using a regular focbox on drift Trike.

Iā€™v got Lot of space on the backseat :smiley: IMG_20190516_223628629

2 Likes

If you scroll up I already covered this subject :slight_smile:

focbox is known to be good, I wish you luck on this adventure! :crossed_fingers:

1 Like

Iā€™m not good at technical parts of VESC yet, but canā€™t we just set 100Amps limit and the temperature limit for 80Ā°C and just safe to know what Amps continuous it can handle? This would be most visual test for the maximum load within the working temperature.

Or even in this case it can be blown up?