Super mini Maker-x ESC (Vesc compatible)

Isn’t a Unity a similar size to a pair of x-ESCs with the case?

Doesn’t look good

So to conclude, the XESC 6.6 has an issue/flaw by design. It isn’t capable to delive more than ~45A, which is pretty devastating considering size, wheight and cost. <-So a no go.

I purchased the “Super mini Makerx ESC” from them and got it on the last week. I didn’t tested it yet because I’m a bit bussy lately. And I also had difficulties to get a test setup with telementry (metr pro) running because I missed/forgot that they use different (smaller) connectors (I think/hope that these are JST-ZH 1.5mm connectors we will see when mine arrive).

Anyway I made some pictures for a quick closer look (maybe an review when I got everything running) on the -in my opinion- more interesting “MakerX mini FOC”.

A nice touch, (I guess) they use some kind of routing packaging service for shipping to Germany, this way the package slipped through customs. I didn’t had to paid tax or VAT for this one:wink: just the 135$ with quite fast (6 days) free shipping. image

The ESC came well packaged in the small box whith proper antistatic foam+shelding bag. As silverline said about the 6.6 single the casing is an all aluminum nicely sandblasted and anodised (I love that kind of finish). It is also well labeled (It strongly remids of stewii’s ESCape labling which, just so good tp read and such a clean look)

image image image

It came with these accessories: 3 matching bullets for the motor wiring, a female XT60 for BAT to match the presoldered ESC, connectors with 5 cm of cable for PPM(3 pin) and hall(6 pin) [? at leastI guess that] and also the usual cheap micro usb to usb-A. image

And now just as a comparison and to get a feel for the tiny size (I don’t had a banana for scale and forgot to make a picture with something well known like a 18650) a Flipsky FSESC 6.6 (the one with housing and pushbutton Antispark) Anyway the “mini FOC is really cute” . I didn’t made a picture but I also weight the mini FOC with plugs, cable and it’s heatsink housing the mini FOC weighs just 86 g and is really small.

Now the internals, they don’t look bad even the small resistors are well soldered (even though some joints would be a bit happier with a tiny bit more flux, but we all know there is never enough flux). The curcuit board is well cleaned but not conformal coated (something I will add once it proves to meet my expectations in testing) *please curse me for making a picture in horizontal mode and sorry for the distortion

imageimage image image

The heatsink/casing was thermal padded on both sides on expected heat sources, the compression overall OK but I think they should try to accommodate thinner thermal pads for better conductivity (thermal pads are not really well conductors after all)

Now a quick glance on the connectors, they are marked on the board when possible (it is on the casing anyway) but mostly not because it’s so tight on the board. As I said these are not the usuall JST-PH 2.0 mm but instead something smaller, I think and hope it’s a JST-ZH connector type 1.5 mm but it could also be a GH (1.25 mm) or SH (1.0 mm) I’m not really sure the time will tell (when my connectors arrive). image

I have to admit that this ESC isn’t planed to be used on an esk8 but on a reasonable sized ebike hub motor instead. It is reserved for my nicely looking NSU, just as a sweet everyday commuter. To get caught with an ilegal DIY ebike is way less likely than with an esk8 after all in germany (I will keep and ride my boards, calm down, just commuting will be with this one) image image

8 Likes

Cooles Radl :+1:

Looking forward to your review!

1 Like

I didnt pay VAT. And custom either :slight_smile: looking good. fingers crossed that yours are working properly. I have a hard time getting in contact with Ebmakers, in order to get a refund though :frowning:

1 Like

Did you really think the performance would be as good as a genuine vesc? Even the unity has had issues shutting down under high load of late.

You can never believe the marketing claims of esc vendors without extensive lab and field testing to back up the claims.

I think the only vescs that didn’t have this shutdown issue is genuine vesc 6 or clone or the old focbox.

Sorry you had a bad experience though. If only the performance was as good as the looks.

Thats why I buy a genuine vesc 6 now.

But i was hoping that the x-esc would not just rebooting the moment i set it higher than 50amp in the GUI.

We are very sorry about your ESC and we will arrange a refund for you as soon as possible.
and You don’t need to send the esc back.

7 Likes

You want to say that you will return the money to anyone who can’t get 100A with maker-x 6.6? Doesn’t it look like a bubble?

Please show that this is possible at all, because for now it looks like trying to sell as much as possible.

I will report back, when i get a refund.

@Drom the x-esc 6.6 has a design error/flaw

1 Like

Got two MakerX mini FOC’s for a dual hubmotor setup. Will test it in the next coming days. Arduino nano for comparison. image

2 Likes

I just saw that they removed this esc from sale. I thought they going to refund for you but continue to sell it

So I have no complaints :slight_smile:

1 Like

I’ve already refunded you. I’m very sorry.

1 Like

TIM%E6%88%AA%E5%9B%BE20190530215937

MINI FOC and MINI FOC PLUS!

MINI FOC PLUS: Continuous current will reach 60A! coming soon~

Yes you have… thanks :slight_smile:

Good luck with your new product, it’s looks interesting :-):+1:

1 Like
1 Like

When is the sales start?

Already available for purchase, but currently available in 3d printed version, if you don’t mind

20190606_180903

2 Likes

Christmas sale WWW.EBMAKERS.COM

1 Like